Side Protection Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My deal said nothing about my RS sliders. No way anyone is taking them off EVERYTIME it goes in to the shop ;-)

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boaz, did you put those sliders on right off the showroom floor? That underbody is so clean you could eat off of it! Loving the rigg setup looks great!

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to take over the thread, but those Coopers look GOOD. I have the NIttos right now, and I'm honestly not 100% sold on them.

Has anyone here had both the Nitto Terra Grappler and the Coopers? Also can vouch for one being better than the other? I have to get new tires here soon, and I'm just curious what people think.

Last edited:

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the RS sliders and the only comment I got from my LR service manager was "those are cool!". Other people on this forum have had different feedback from their dealers, some of it quite negative (one guy was talking about taking them off when he went in for service because of the greif he got).

David

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to take over the thread, but those Coopers look GOOD. I have the NIttos right now, and I'm honestly not 100% sold on them.

Has anyone here had both the Nitto Terra Grappler and the Coopers? Also can vouch for one being better than the other? I have to get new tires here soon, and I'm just curious what people think.

30k on Nitto's, 37k on Coopers and counting. I was initially dubious that the Cooper's softer compound would hold up, but they have done great and far exceeded the Nitto's. After 30k, the Nittos were chunked out rubish, my Coopers are now starting to show signs of wear (like, hmmm...the tread is getting a bit lower, gonna have to keep an eye on it), but that was only very recently. THey have held up very well, never had a flat, and they saw a LOT of trail use.

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, this thread has convinced me to pull the trigger and order the RS sliders. I saw them last year at ROAV's Mid Atlantic Rally, liked them then, but now with the slim option, I can't resist.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boaz, do you have SLIM or regulars?

any idea what the shipping charges are like and if they offer a discount to forum folks like ourselves? price is higher than I expected, but the sliders definitely seem rock solid. Still...with my depreciating '05 I could be spending up to 10% of my vehicle value on tubes (w/ shipping, installation, tax).

One more question...installation. Something that can be done with hand tools or is it better to take to a shop if you don't have an array of jacks and air tools?

thanks!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sorry, no special deal for forum members. These sliders are very expensive to make, there is very little margin in them. I personally have lost money selling them. Here is the info on the sliders: http://www.offroving.com/36045/6715.html. I recommend downloading the PDF for more info.

However, just recently my day job has cut its expenses in a number of ways that is now significantly effecting my bottom line. I am forced to sell some items that I thought I would never sell. I am going to sell my prototype Stage II sliders. These are not quite as pretty as the production units. Mine are flame cut, hand welded, spray painted sliders, but they are hella strong and will save your truck. If you are interested in a used pair,send me a PM and maybe we can work a deal. If you are in SoCal, we can arrange a pick-up point. Otherwise, estimate about $300 for shipping, because they need to be put on a crate or pallet.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sliders were fitted a couple of weeks ago and I can vouch for the fact that they are:

1) VERY heavy - I had them shipped directly to my techs.
2) VERY solid.
3) not quite as simple as the instructions would suggest to fit. They're hand made and so some 'adjustment' was required to fit them which I'm glad I didn't have to try at home. :wink:
4) they look great and you'll get more ground clearance compared to the LR side tubes.

I can post some pics at some point if I take the LR somewhere interesting over the weekend.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boye1