Side Protection Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
STOP THE PRESSES! I was with Spiker from OffRoving this week and he unveiled the new prototype Sill Wrap (slider) for the LR3 from OE Accessories. It really dressed up the vehicle and also has incredible strength that would protect the sill if used off road. The Sill Wrap comes in black with a choice of end cap colors, including brushed machined aluminum. I understand that other colors of the Sill Wraps will be available as well to match body colors. I only saw the black on black which are shown in the pics. This is really hot and is one of the most innovative ways to dress up the LR3, while providing that extra bit of sill protection that I hear more people asking for....

th_sillwrap1.jpg

th_SillWrap2.jpg

th_SillWrap3.jpg

These are so far beyond the LR side tubes. and unlike anything on the market today. This was a big hit at the National Rally in Leadville yesterday....

Don't worry...OffRoving is still marketing the Rover Specialty Sliders for serious offroading...:hello:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming the oe are similar to the rasta sill protectors. I will also assume they are not made out of aluminum so they are stronger as well?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is OE Accessories, a brand he is working with. They are steel, but the radius design along with the internal structure is incredibly strong. What is cool is how they look decorative, but they are unbelievably strong.

Not sure when they are going to full production, but it is soon.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score

STOP THE PRESSES! I was with Spiker from OffRoving this week and he unveiled the new prototype Sill Wrap (slider) for the LR3 from OE Accessories. It really dressed up the vehicle and also has incredible strength that would protect the sill if used off road. The Sill Wrap comes in black with a choice of end cap colors, including brushed machined aluminum. I understand that other colors of the Sill Wraps will be available as well to match body colors. I only saw the black on black which are shown in the pics. This is really hot and is one of the most innovative ways to dress up the LR3, while providing that extra bit of sill protection that I hear more people asking for....

th_sillwrap1.jpg

th_SillWrap2.jpg

th_SillWrap3.jpg

These are so far beyond the LR side tubes. and unlike anything on the market today. This was a big hit at the National Rally in Leadville yesterday....

Don't worry...OffRoving is still marketing the Rover Specialty Sliders for serious offroading...:hello:

Couldn't find these sill wraps anywhere. Anyone know where to find them?

I'm looking for something that won't totally break the bank to get shipped/installed in MD. I don't have the equipment to do it myself. I don't think I need full wrap protection, but may be interested in something a little stronger than my current LR side tubes (which are now a rusted mess).

Appreciate any tips or links to the sill guards above.

Thanks!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try shooting Joe (Badfysh) a PM over on Lrrforums. He was involved in some sweet OE motor mounts. Hopefully he can shed some light on the subject. Doh!! My bad. I think it was BMR - not OE.

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try shooting Joe (Badfysh) a PM over on Lrrforums. He was involved in some sweet OE motor mounts. Hopefully he can shed some light on the subject. Doh!! My bad. I think it was BMR - not OE.

No you're right on. Joe worked with Adam in the technical design of the OE sliders. I don't know the status of the project though. Also, Joe's label is BLR, not BMR (it stands for Black Listed Rovers)

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree with several of the other post not to purchase these for protection. I had a pair that came with my LR3 and they kept getting bent as they don't have the proper support or strength. I threw them out and got the RS sliders and could not be happier. The RS sliders are a big investment but well worth it. I believe Lucky8 off road is now the rep them.

Picture447-1.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey nice looking Kevlars!

x2 on the RS Sliders.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics