Sign of Things to Come?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your rear diff clutch packs...noticed you both (reporting this symptom) have the locker, as I do...and your description sounds like something I experienced. I hope I'm wrong.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's always been bushings and/or control arm related for me when I've had this noise. I know you said they're good, but that's what I'd have someone take a careful look at. I think in a post below you said it's when you are making a turn at low speed or entering a slight hill. That's when I've heard it. It was never a highway thing but sometimes I'd make a turn on a washboard lumpy road and I'd here metal on metal clunking. That was always front end stuff.

Good luck!

Transmission flush being done Jan. 3rd. I’ll have them check hubs and bushings while on the lift. Thanks! Hope you have a good holiday

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the transmission mount. The bushing could be the cause. I plan on replacing mine when the weather is warmer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9