Sirius radio on a 2016 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elley

Reaction score
believe it or not my 2016 LR4 HSE Lux does not Sirius Radio programmed into the audio set up. Has anyone out there installed Sirius Radio thru the USB port. I talked to VAIS for the satellite radio adapter kit. They referred me to a VAIS dealer locally. They don't know if there 01 or 02 software version will work. I suspect the 01 will work because it has the 7" screen like the small Range Rover. But they won't order either cause if neither works they will be stuck with them. Well if I get a system to work I'll park outside their place full volume on the 50s channel

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nowadays with cellphones service providers having "unlimited" data plans - or if with AT&T DirectTV/Uverse apps (that allow streaming free data to subscribers) - you probably could subscribe and use the SiriusXM app in your cellphone/tablet, and stream audio via bluetooth. You can use the USB connection to keep your phone/tablet charged while in use.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nowadays with cellphones service providers having "unlimited" data plans - or if with AT&T DirectTV/Uverse apps (that allow streaming free data to subscribers) - you probably could subscribe and use the SiriusXM app in your cellphone/tablet, and stream audio via bluetooth. You can use the USB connection to keep your phone/tablet charged while in use.

This is exactly what I do.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screw Sirius. Get Spotify on unlimited data and be happier

That's my take on it, too. I don't miss Sirius one bit, although lots of people like it for live news and sports coverage and of course all the other non-music content. Speaking of live sports, we were on a long road trip on Sunday afternoon during the Auburn/Kentucky game and just listened to it via TuneIn app. So there are workarounds even for that type of content. But to each his own.

PS: War Eagle!

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Sirius once upon a time before data was unlimited. It's great for low quality audio and selection. Spotify let's you cache offline if you're a data limiter. Also agree that TuneIn is great for getting other content you want without having to change the dial on road trips

LR4inHouston

Reaction score
Any chance you got some advice to installing the programming? I recognize the value of streaming from a phone, but I do a lot of camping and drive through areas where I do not have enough cell signal to stream. Thanks!

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you actually missing the hardware or is it just a CCF issue?

In the GAP tool there should be setting for “Digital Radio Receiver” that should be set to HD and Sirius.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV