Slight Wheel Vibration Fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I had a slight wheel vibration at times, but there was no association with the brakes. I took my LR4 to the LR dealership the other day and they rotated the tires and did a full alignment. They told me one of my tires was way off. Now it drives like a dream! :) I'm at 11,000 miles and they told me my tires and brakes look excellent, very little wear. I am not surprised about the alignment because I have been off-roading about 5 times in the past few months, so that's something to think about doing at least 1-2 times a year.

They didn't charge me, so that was cool. I had an LR2 as a loaner and I learned that I cannot ever go back to a V6. No way.

Oh, and look out for pictures in a week or two - I have some rock slider/steps coming my way! ;-) I purchased from GN Vehicle Protection in the UK... I don't really need sliders, but love the look of the slider/small step combo. Provides protection, but still has some function for stepping.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you in US? How much was the shipping?
It was about $100.00 USD. I am in California. Neil gave me a great price on the sliders because I have purchased a couple things from them. I have seen them in person on an LR3 and was very impressed. They provide great protection and have a solid step - though it's definitely not as big as a normal step. Very rugged.

If you are interested, you should tell him I sent you.

-David

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was about $100.00 USD. I am in California. Neil gave me a great price on the sliders because I have purchased a couple things from them. I have seen them in person on an LR3 and was very impressed. They provide great protection and have a solid step - though it's definitely not as big as a normal step. Very rugged.

If you are interested, you should tell him I sent you.

-David
Oh.. Yeah, CA, forgot... :)
100 is not bad at all.
I will definitely email him as soon as I am ready. Thanks!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh.. Yeah, CA, forgot... :)
100 is not bad at all.
I will definitely email him as soon as I am ready. Thanks!
Hey rostov,

They are very similar to the sliders with step that Voyager offers. I should be getting them sometime next week and will install right away - so I will post a bunch of pictures for you to get a better idea of what they look like installed. The pictures on the website are tough to see. Once you are ready, let me know I will put you in touch and try to get you a deal.

-David :)

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
The primary function of sliders is to protect the sill from damage when inadvertently coming in contact with rocks, tree trunks, etc. You can't tell how effective they will be by just looking at pictures. What matters is how beefy the sliders are and how they are attached to the vehicle. I look forward to seeing detailed photos of the installation!

As for the "step", it has a function in protecting the vehicle from vertical saplings, brush, etc. On the ones that David linked to, I wish the steps went further forward toward front the wheel well, rather than stopping at the front edge of the front door.

David, you are an inspiration.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The primary function of sliders is to protect the sill from damage when inadvertently coming in contact with rocks, tree trunks, etc. You can't tell how effective they will be by just looking at pictures. What matters is how beefy the sliders are and how they are attached to the vehicle. I look forward to seeing detailed photos of the installation!

As for the "step", it has a function in protecting the vehicle from vertical saplings, brush, etc. On the ones that David linked to, I wish the steps went further forward toward front the wheel well, rather than stopping at the front edge of the front door.

David, you are an inspiration.
Hey CaptainSpalding,

I agree! From what I have seen (and heard) the sliders are pretty beefy and offer good protection. I agree about the steps going further forward toward the front of wheel well, but they do look good in person. I was surprised at how sturdy these sliders are in person... They definitely will not get damaged if utilized.

I will keep everyone posted, and of course, post pictures after they are installed.

Me, an inspiration? No way! :)

On a different note... I decided against the 18" wheels for now and powder coating my current 19" wheels. Instead, if I get new tires, I'll get 255/55/R19s - likely the Pirelli Scorption ATRs... I know there are better tires out there for 18", but for the level of on/off-road I am looking for these seem like the best option. For now, I'm keeping my stocks! :)

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112