slow to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to verify it, do what B&G did for me over 20 years ago, bore scope your engine before and after, that is what sold me.
By the way, most dealers us the B&G products when they do their injector or induction cleaning, so why pay them when you can do it your self?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen more than enough borescopes over the years comparing too many different products to count. It will definitely show you the cleanup but the difficulty is getting two very similarly carboned up vehicles to show a head to head difference between. The advantage of the professional machine, is that the cleaner to gas ratio is 1:4 vs in the tank where it's 1:200. You can also do some things with the professional service formula that you can't do with the tank additive that add cleaning power. Also, many professional machines have the ability to operate a soak cycle to more thoroughly attack the carbon.
I'm certainly not knocking the 44k, it is an excellent product.

Back on track, I'm a bit surprised, mainly because I didn't think injectors were the problem, but so far it's been starting great almost immediately after adding the cleaner.
Thanks for all the input!

voltaire, I'll give you all the free product you want, just send me $20 for shipping and handling! :biggrin:

Last edited:

rigorivero

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 07 and I’ve used 3 different cleaners. It starts right up for a couple of days and progressively gets worse. I clean the throttle body and the same results. I cleaned the maf sensor and the same result. Runs and iddles perfect! This is really frustrating

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA