Snow tires on 19's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so spoiled by dedicated snow tires I don't even want to use my BFGs in the winter. On flat ground, not mountains. There's that much difference, IMO.

I completely agree. I have been running dedicated winter tires for about 25 years now, ever since I started renting ski houses in Vermont. Once you use dedicated winter tires there is no going back to all season tires.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely agree. I have been running dedicated winter tires for about 25 years now, ever since I started renting ski houses in Vermont. Once you use dedicated winter tires there is no going back to all season tires.

Agreed. Same here.

Papa

Reaction score
I went with the Nokian wrg3 suv and was very pleased this past winter. This summer has been un-eventful, and look forward to the coming winter months. If I wanted to drop the coin on a second set of wheels and tires IMHO, the Nokian Hakka r suv would be my choice.

Shredahead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Zeon's on my 2011 that I put on last March. I live in CO and am a sales rep and drive a lot. We had a long and late winter last year so got to test these a few times in the snow. In full on snow including untracked these tires were awesome. About the only time I wished for snow tires was in one particularly storm that got really slick and packed slush that then froze up. But overall for all season use really happy with these tires so far.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are interested, I have a set of 4 255/55 R19Nokian Hakkapeliittas for sale with <10K on them. Two short seasons. I just took them off my (OK, no longer mine) 2014 LR4. I was running them on the stock wheels but took them off when I traded in the truck. I would be willing to sell them for $400 which is under half what I paid.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding another thumbs up for the Nokian WRG3 SUV tires. However, if I were buying right now, I'd be jumping on Dan's offer of his Hakka's for serious winter use.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, now that I have the Compos and KO2s sold, the Hakka's are still sitting in the garage. I'll probably be putting then on Craigs List in late September as there are a lot of LR4s in the area and these fit the stock wheels. Just saying. ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM