1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So here is why after owning (4) Land Rovers I don't think I will ever own one again.

Discussion in 'Discovery 5' started by rjchankalian, Jul 24, 2019.

1. NASdiesel

NASdiesel Full Access Member

Your issue is consistent. I'm friends with the service guys at my dealer and they have been telling me of many, many issues of bricked trucks due to the infotainment systems on 2017+ Discos, Evoques and RR's.

2. NASdiesel

I would hope his answer to this is "yes". You buy something, you expect it to work as advertised.

3. bbyer

bbyer Full Access Member

I think the bigger question is why does LR continue to have problems everyone else has solved? How do they manage that?

jptruck likes this.
  4. NASdiesel

That is both systemic and endemic to LR in general. Pushing the design/tech envelope consistently without thorough testing, and shear execution.

bbyer and jptruck like this.
  5. jptruck

jptruck Full Access Member

Some people do talk on the phone while driving. Some people do pay massively for infotainment centers that brag about CarPlay interface, and the like. By using such systems, you are helping the safety hazard situation, no making it worse. Would you rather have him put his phone up to his ear?

Either way, it should work as advertised. If they can't fix it, they should replace it.

6. jptruck

I'd file a claim, too. Why shouldn't you? You paid an astronomically high price for something that's supposed to work as promised.

7. jptruck

Ya know, this might be my last Rover, as well. It's not that I'm having issues with the vehicle (which I am), but these things are just too hard to service and maintain. Land Rover/Jaguar are basically designing vehicles that require you to take them to the dealership to get fixed. It's nearly impossibly to change a battery or do basic maintenance without being a certified technician.

My next purchase is going to be a 20-year-old survivor vehicle that's been restored. It'll be easier to maintain, retain its value better, and probably be just about as fun to drive.

bbyer likes this.
  8. bbyer

bbyer Full Access Member

What I cannot figure out is if we cannot keep these things on the road in North America, why would anyone think they would be suitable for the rest of the world, particularly the third world?

Toyota must have it figured out as on TV, Toyota's are all the terrorists seem to move about in. That is also what "Seal Team" seems to be carting about in their C-5's as well.

Italy used to use Land Rovers for their Carabinieri, but now it is Nissan pickups.