Some newbie questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toronto LR3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Getting nicely settled into the LR3 and I have a couple of questions:

1. Road noise/alignment...I have had the stock Goodyears balanced and the noise is better, but tire wear is uneven. Will the dealer do an alignment under warranty? What's the right way to ask them?
2. Bluetooth. I have to accept the connection request EVERY TIME I turn the vehicle on or unlock the doors...is that my phone (HTC touch) or the LR3?
3. Sirius satellite radio. Is the an aftermarket module that will plug and play? I'd prefer not to have a portable unit stuck to the window or sitting in the cupholder.
4. Updates/recalls/TSB's. It's an 06 HSE V8....any notable items that I should be pressing the dealer to update?

Thanks and feel free to chime in with anything I have overlooked.

Cheers.

John

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good post John, I have the same questions about #3 and #4.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with regards to #2 my phone (iphone and blackberry) both just connect as soon as I get in and start the truck. I haven't had any issues with them asking for a request. This may be a security setting within your phone.

#4 If you purchased a CPO vehicle, part of the CPO process is to check for recalls, TSBs and such and ensure if they apply, that they are performed. For the most part, you'll find dealers take a " if it aint broke, don't fix it" approach. You may want to check at at the lr3 forums, I believe they have some specific TSBs you may be intersted in. http://forums.landroverworld.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35

#3 I'm also curious about this LOL.. I don't want an aftermarket module stuck somewhere either..

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Toronto LR3

Reaction score
with regards to #2 my phone (iphone and blackberry) both just connect as soon as I get in and start the truck. I haven't had any issues with them asking for a request. This may be a security setting within your phone.

#4 If you purchased a CPO vehicle, part of the CPO process is to check for recalls, TSBs and such and ensure if they apply, that they are performed. For the most part, you'll find dealers take a " if it aint broke, don't fix it" approach. You may want to check at at the lr3 forums, I believe they have some specific TSBs you may be intersted in. http://forums.landroverworld.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35

#3 I'm also curious about this LOL.. I don't want an aftermarket module stuck somewhere either..

Cheers!

I did some reading in my phone manual, and apparently I did not have my phone set to "visible"...I think this will fix the problem.

Where on the disco forum are the TSB's?

Thanks,

John

Last edited by a moderator:

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long post but here goes a list of TSBs... Again if your vehicle is CPO, all of these should have been performed if applicable prior to taking delivery of said vehicle. :)

2005 Land Rover LR3 Recall ID from NHTSA: 06V131000
Auto Recall Date: 04/20/2006
Vehicle Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION:SWITCH
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 45900
2005 LAND ROVER LR3 Defect Summary:
CERTAIN VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 114, 'THEFT PROTECTION.' WHEN THE IGNITION IS SWITCHED OFF, AFTER A PERIOD OF TIME, IT IS POSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE IGNITION KEY WHEN THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT LEVER IS NOT IN PARK.
Defect Consequence:
THIS CONDITION INCREASES THE RISK OF A CRASH RESULTING FROM THE UNINTENDED MOVEMENT OF PARKED VEHICLES.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE DRIVELINE CONTROL TRANSFER BOX ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT (ECU) WITH REVISED SOFTWARE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 30, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LAND ROVER AT 1-201-818-8500.

Notes: LAND ROVER, B037
2005 Land Rover LR3 Recall ID from NHTSA: 07V011000
Auto Recall Date: 01/17/2007
Vehicle Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 6116
SOME SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES MAY HAVE FUEL TANKS THAT CONTAIN AN INTERNAL BREATHER PIPE THAT WAS NOT MADE TO SPECIFICATION. THIS COULD RESULT IN EXCESSIVE SWELLING AND CRACKING OF A GROMMET AND SUBSEQUENT DETACHMENT OF THE BREATHER PIPE FROM A CONNECTOR TUBE. WHEN THE FUEL LEVEL IN THE TANK IS ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE DETACHED JOINT, FUEL MAY THEN ENTER THE BREATHER PIPE AND EXCESS FUEL MAY BE DISCHARGED ONTO THE GROUND.
Defect Consequence:
FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANKS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 12, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LAND ROVER AT 1-800-637-6837.

Notes: LAND ROVER, P001
2005 Land Rover LR3 Recall ID from NHTSA: 05V376000
Auto Recall Date: 08/29/2005
Vehicle Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 17263
SOME SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES MAY HAVE FUEL TANKS THAT CONTAIN AN INTERNAL BREATHER PIPE THAT WAS NOT MADE TO SPECIFICATION. THIS COULD RESULT IN EXCESSIVE SWELLING AND CRACKING OF A GROMMET AND SUBSEQUENT DETACHMENT OF THE BREATHER PIPE FROM A CONNECTOR TUBE. WHEN THE FUEL LEVEL IN THE TANK IS ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE DETACHED JOINT, FUEL MAY THEN ENTER THE BREATHER PIPE.
Defect Consequence:
THE DRIVER MAY NOTICE FUEL ODOR, DRIVABILITY CONCERNS SUCH AS HESITATION, MISFIRE, STALLING, ROUGH RUNNING, OR DIFFICULTY IN STARTING AND THE 'CHECK ENGINE' LIGHT MAY BE ILLUMINATED. IF THE AMOUNT OF FUEL FLOWING INTO THE BREATHER PIPE REACHES THE VAPOR CANISTER AND EXCEEDS ITS CAPACITY, THE EXCESS FUEL MAY BE DISCHARGED ONTO THE GROUND. FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANKS. THE RECALL BEGAN ON OCTOBER 24, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LAND ROVER AT 1-800-637-6837.
Notes: LAND ROVER, B016

1 TSB No.: 00054 NHTSA No.: 10021975 TSB Date: May 25, 2007 Date Added to File: June 27, 2007
Failing Component:
Exterior Lighting:Headlights
Description of Summary:
Headlight condensation.

2 TSB No.: 211002 NHTSA No.: 10020128 TSB Date: June 29, 2006 Date Added to File: July 24, 2006
Failing Component:
Steering:Column
Description of Summary:
Steering column knock.

3 TSB No.: 501018 NHTSA No.: 10020000 TSB Date: April 25, 2006 Date Added to File: May 22, 2006
Failing Component:
Electrical System:Wiring
Description of Summary:
Safety belt pretensioner wire routing.

4 TSB No.: 418001 NHTSA No.: 10019772 TSB Date: March 13, 2006 Date Added to File: April 26, 2006
Failing Component:
Electrical System
Description of Summary:
Front door electrical system malfunctions.

5 TSB No.: 308001 NHTSA No.: 10019770 TSB Date: March 14, 2006 Date Added to File: April 26, 2006
Failing Component:
Digital Instrument Panel
Description of Summary:
Intermittent transmission warning lamps or message.

6 TSB No.: 027 NHTSA No.: 10019773 TSB Date: March 3, 2006 Date Added to File: April 26, 2006
Failing Component:
Power Train:Automatic Transmission:Control Module (Tcm, Pcm)
Description of Summary:
Service action: customer satisfaction program. Water ingress and powertrain tune update.

7 TSB No.: 501016 NHTSA No.: 10019761 TSB Date: March 14, 2006 Date Added to File: April 25, 2006
Failing Component:
Structure:Body:Tailgate
Description of Summary:
Tailgate support mounting. Rattle from the upper tailgate area.

8 TSB No.: 501012 NHTSA No.: 10018823 TSB Date: March 14, 2006 Date Added to File: January 18, 2006
Failing Component:
Structure:Body
Description of Summary:
Possible causes and resolution of water ingress - passenger compartment. Landrover lr3. Model year unknown.

9 TSB No.: 501005 NHTSA No.: 10015107 TSB Date: April 25, 2005 Date Added to File: May 19, 2005
Failing Component:
Visibility:Rearview Mirrors/Devices:Exterior
Description of Summary:
Inability to adjust the passenger door mirror to the desired inboard view along the passenger side of the vehicle when the driver seat is in the fully forward position, even when the door mirror is adjusted fully inboard.

10 TSB No.: 204001 NHTSA No.: 10015106 TSB Date: April 27, 2005 Date Added to File: May 19, 2005
Failing Component:
Suspension:Front:Springs:Air Suspension System
Description of Summary:
Incorrect operation of the air suspension or the electronic park brake (epb) system.

11 TSB No.: TA204001 NHTSA No.: 10011807 TSB Date: November 5, 2004 Date Added to File: January 31, 2005
Failing Component:
Suspension:Rear:Springs:Air Suspension System
Description of Summary:
Interpreting air suspension messages in the land rover lr3, an the la model.

Chief Justice

Reaction score
I did some reading in my phone manual, and apparently I did not have my phone set to "visible"...I think this will fix the problem.

Where on the disco forum are the TSB's?

Thanks,

John
My Blackberry has a prompt when you try to connect that allows it to connect automatically in the future. You select the bluetooth device, and there is a box you can check that says something like "don't ask to connect again". Once you check that box it will automatically synch/pair when you get in range. If there are two phones that have established links in the car at the same time, it will default to whoever drove the car last.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge