Some suspension fault codes this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe it all came down to an unplugged wire. After paying $30 for the valve block rebuild kit, $40 for a new relay, an hour of dealer labor, and shipping/return shipping for the air compressor, it's was all just an unplugged wire.

This is so awesome ! ;) AMK is the newer compressor right? I'm certain that's what I have and am possibly on the 3rd in the vehicle since 2007 when it was probably the Hitachi ? All I know for sure is this one is the 2nd.

I may get that line splice kit just to leave in the rear cubby with other "just in case" parts and lamps. There's some important relay/fuse thing in there that I ought to label seeing as now I can only remember that it's a little cube that plugs into something important LOL

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's an AMK. Not sure what was in mine originally (I think 2012 is right around when they started switching from Hitachi to AMK), but the dealer put in AMK when they did the warranty work back in August 2018.

Speaking of the switch from HItachi to AMK, common Rover folklore is that the switch was made because the AMK compressors were going to be more reliable. I read something when I was scouring the internet trying to diagnose my problem, however, that indicated the switch was actually made because the Hitachi plant that made the old compressor was wiped out in the Fukushima tsunami.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV