Someone keyed my LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trinirover

Reaction score
Yep someone keyed my 2010 LR4 today. I have no enemies that I know of but when my wife was about to get in the passenger seat she almost had a heart attack. The entire side of the car had been keyed. I'm still shocked that someone would do that.

Does anyone know if I should contact the insurance company or go to Land Rover, it's a leased car so I'm not sure what to do. I'm fuming right now as I just washed the car this past weekend and spent my time cleaning every inch. The car was only parked for about half an hour in front of a residential neighborhood. Go figure.
:mad:

JDiehl

Reaction score
Sorry to here you were the target of the day.

No respect these days.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep someone keyed my 2010 LR4 today. I have no enemies that I know of but when my wife was about to get in the passenger seat she almost had a heart attack. The entire side of the car had been keyed. I'm still shocked that someone would do that.

Does anyone know if I should contact the insurance company or go to Land Rover, it's a leased car so I'm not sure what to do. I'm fuming right now as I just washed the car this past weekend and spent my time cleaning every inch. The car was only parked for about half an hour in front of a residential neighborhood. Go figure.
:mad:

That hurts just hearing it from you. That sucks. Call your dealer and see who they use for door dings and scrapes because I scraped the license plate light cover a few months ago on my garage door and my LR dealer has a guy who I called who has the right santorini black paint mix and would sand, paint and polish for a quoted $45. If you lived in DFW, I would give you his contact info.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your insurance. . .May cost you your deductible to get it fixed, but you'll want it fixed. I imagine it won't be cheap if it was a deep gouge.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch...sorry to hear about that. Probably some punk ass kids or someone who is ****** that you have a nicer vehicle than they do and it may make them feel better by causing damage...either way, I would call the insurance company ASAP and go from there. Also ask if there have been any other "Keying" reports in that area.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear this bad news! :-( I would definitely contact your insurance company, as it will likely only cost the deducatable. My previous vehicle got keyed and I had to pay just the deducatable and they fixed it up very nice at a quality auto body shop. I was told that key damages, even deep ones, are relatively easy for a good body shop to fix and they will defiitely get it back to like new condition. It's just the pain in the butt, uneasy feeling, and money wasted. I'm really sorry.

I have cameras set up around my property and traps, so if anyone decides to touch my LR4 - I pity them. If I ever walk down my steps and see anything going on, they better be able to run fast.

Keep us posted!

-David

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very deep scratch on my LR4 that happened at a dealer event offroad. I thought for sure it was well into the paint and even the primer/base. The guys said that the clear coat was so thick on the LRs that it would easily buff out. I didn't believe them; I have been around cars my whole life and new I had just ruined my paint. Seriously, it buffed out and I never saw it ever again.

Take it in and see if it can be buffed out.

Rob

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a leased vehicle, if you don't fix it the lease company will when you turn the truck in and they will charge you alot more to do it then you can get it done for.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
By all means get it fixed, but in the interim concoct a good story and tell anyone who will listen how your rig got its trail rash.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM