Speaker Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am close to pulling the trigger on a 2005 LR3 SE with 37k miles on it. I know the LR3 takes 6.5" speakers. How many of these are there? Is it 4 or 6? It looks like the back may have two sets per door.

~Josh

Last edited:

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one speaker on the front door, 2 in the passengers door, 1 in the center of the dash board and subwoofer.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one speaker on the front door, 2 in the passengers door, 1 in the center of the dash board and subwoofer.

So are you saying there are a total of 7 speakers which are size 6.5"? Also, one Subwoofer.

~Josh

Trynian

Reaction score
So are you saying there are a total of 7 speakers which are size 6.5"? Also, one Subwoofer.

~Josh

I think there are only 4 that are 6.5, one in each door.

My SE has a 6.5 in each front door and each back door. A smaller one in each back door above the 6.5. Tweaters of some kind in the front doors that are up by the door rear view mirrors. A speaker in the dash, not sure what size, and a sub woofer in the tail gate.

I will say that some SE's have the base sound system and some have the middle grade sound system as an upgrade option. If that makes a difference in how many speakers or not I do not remember. Mine has the upgrade. The HSE system I believe comes with more speakers.

Last edited:

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are only 4 that are 6.5, one in each door.

My SE has a 6.5 in each front door and each back door. A smaller one in each back door above the 6.5.

Any idea how large the ones are in the back door above the 6.5" speakers?

~Josh

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look like 4.25", but thats just guessing by looking at them.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to try a search on crutchfield.com to see if their website can identify what speakers will fit in your model year LR3

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll also likely need new mounting inserts; they can be fabbed out of wood if you're handy, or are available on eBay, though are a bit pricey for what they are - I think they were somewhere around $15 per pair, but I'll likely buy them anyway just for ease of instal. I'd also0 like to add the upper speaker in the front doors to my '06 SE and from what I've read it's pretty easy to cut the holes in the doors - apparently they are well marked on the back side, and then you would just need to grab the grills from an HSE to cover 'em up on the visible side.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99