speedo adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 disco and 32" tires on it. The speedometer is off around 5 mph. Does anyone know how to correct it? I have some time to get the info because I will be doing true tracks and gears in about 2 months so I figured that I will do it all in one shot (that is if it is mechanical and not computer) thanks Joe

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I presume you tested your speed against a GPS?

Normally Land Rovers Speedometers are off to begin with. I know on my 97, after installing 31 inch tires My speedometer matched my GPS.

If you have matched it, and it is still off, there is an electronic controller out there (designed by someone for jeeps) that will work... just can't remember the web address off the top of my head. I am sure a googe search will find it.

Disco Squared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I don't think those speedo controllers will work on a DII because the ECU determines speed through all four ABS wheel sensors, not just a transmission sensor. Having a transmission sensor alone would be great because you could correct the speed discrepancy by changing the ring and pinion to match the stock wheel speed, but unfortunately thats not the case for our DIIs. I've heard the speedo can be adjusted through ECU reprogramming though.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Disco Squared, I believe you are correct... I keep forgetting the D2 gets speed from the wheel sensors...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99