Sport Mode causes rear end thunk at low speeds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, I believe the tranission adapts to your driving style. I recall reading of one case where the service tech merely took the vehicle around the block a couple of times with a heavy foot and that "reprogrammed" the transmission.

My SA told me that you can reset the adaptations on your own by driving 2 trips in manual shift. FWIW.

I have found that resetting these does not help the throttle lag, though. Even though the SA insists that the lag is caused by something I did which my transmission now anticipates. :rolleyes:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy? What is sport mode? :stupid:

From the drive position, move the shifter to the left. "sport" is displayed on the dash and shift RPM points are increases. Its arguable weather this constitutes "sport", but definitely more responsive.

OK, your turn. Please tell me something cool I didnt know about the LR3 ;-) Souldnt be too tough, I dont have any manuals. I just discovered the small overhead LED light last night.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the drive position, move the shifter to the left. "sport" is displayed on the dash and shift RPM points are increases. Its arguable weather this constitutes "sport", but definitely more responsive.

OK, your turn. Please tell me something cool I didnt know about the LR3 ;-) Souldnt be too tough, I dont have any manuals. I just discovered the small overhead LED light last night.

Hahah, that's funny, because I just noticed that small LED while tinkering with the dome light. At least, I assume we're talking about the same thing. The small LED at the front end of the dome light in the front of the vehicle? What's it for and how do you turn it on? I skimmed the owner's manual, but didn't see it. I probably just missed it.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahah, that's funny, because I just noticed that small LED while tinkering with the dome light. At least, I assume we're talking about the same thing. The small LED at the front end of the dome light in the front of the vehicle? What's it for and how do you turn it on? I skimmed the owner's manual, but didn't see it. I probably just missed it.

That is the waterfall light, and I love it. It's always on once on the dash mounted sensor detects low ambient lighting. On dark nights (away from parking lots and stuff), you will note the gentle illumination across the center console where the terrain control knob and so forth resides. You may also notice that all the buttons and controls and dash instruments glow softly with night-glow material.

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 SE and have the same rolling stop issue, seems like the trany is sticking, still under warranty going to the dealer next week, they better not give me the run around.
Had a 97 Range Rover and the technition is what you are relying on. some of them no nothing high school kids doing summer job, some of them know what they are talking about
I'm just gonna be a big asshole and demand good service!

Anyone have a good strategy to get this jerking issue fixed??

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There shouldn't really be a "strategy" required. Just tell them that it needs the B036 re-programming done. I'm sort of surprised that an '07 would need it, but if it has the symptoms then it does I guess.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There shouldn't really be a "strategy" required. Just tell them that it needs the B036 re-programming done. I'm sort of surprised that an '07 would need it, but if it has the symptoms then it does I guess.
I don't think SB036 would apply to a 2007 as it was released summer 2006 so his VIN range would not match the TSB.

However the same type of transmission module reflash may untimately fix bcaese's issue, as he is reporting the same symptom. First I've heard of this in a 2007 LR3, so it could be still something else.

Last edited:

bcaese

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys i went to the dealer first thing this morning and they reflashed my TCM & reset adaptations, I am quoting my receipt.

so far it runs flawless:wink: not more jerking when rolling to a stop. well works great so far, i tried to make it **** and it wouldn't. Perhaps this may be a solution for you guys?

also, whenever it was cold and my truck was sitting for hours, it would start and the RPM's would drop below 1000RPM's and stall, however after the second try it would always start.
the dealer reflashed PCM with Latest & Reset Adaptation, once again I am quoting my receipt. I don't know if this fix will work but after I finish work I shall try and find out.

Have any of you expereinced any of these fixes and had sucess with regards to the jerking or the engine stall on start?

Let me know

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's the same fix. Glad it worked out for you. TCM is the transmission control module.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge