Squeaky Driver's Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone and Happy Friday!

My driver's seat has a slight squeak to it when going over bump or moving a bit in the seat. It appears to be coming from the seat back part. I have tried to move it forward and back, but once in a while that squeaky sound comes up. Do you think anything needs to be oiled or tightened?

It's not a big deal, but a little annoying since my truck only has 1,500 miles on it. Would you guys/gals take it to the dealership?

Thanks for your advice!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had that in my LR4. Haven't noticed it lately. I think I got used to it. Mine sounds like the plastic covers are rubbing against each other and against the leather.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a few plastic creaks in my LR4 and after a lot of hunting I narrowed it down to the ride side, lower console cover and the center speaker cover. Sounds bounce all over the cabin, since it's so well insulated and quiet, and even though I was sure it was coming from one part, it was in fact coming from a place I wouldn't even of searched. Anyway, maybe it is your seat... but I haven't had or have read anything about a squeaky seat. Keep trying to narrow it down, once you're sure, either try and solve it yourself, or ask the dealer to take a look. Odd sounds can drive anyone (at least someone like me) completely crazy and the obsession can get a little out of hand. AND, I always remind myself, that I've had something of a strange sound, in every car I've owned, that annoyed the heck out of me. :)

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had that in my LR4. Haven't noticed it lately. I think I got used to it. Mine sounds like the plastic covers are rubbing against each other and against the leather.

Mine is like yours but I usually have my stereo up so I don't always notice. My dealer is on the other side of town so I will wait until my next oil change to take care of it along with a my periodic stereo silence upon starting the truck. if your close to yours and it gets too annoying, I say go for it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey baobay,

Yes, exactly! I am going to do a little investigating to see what's up. It may actually be the arm rest rubbing against the seat? Either way, it can be annoying!

Thanks, David

Than

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a few plastic creaks in my LR4 and after a lot of hunting I narrowed it down to the ride side, lower console cover and the center speaker cover. Sounds bounce all over the cabin, since it's so well insulated and quiet, and even though I was sure it was coming from one part, it was in fact coming from a place I wouldn't even of searched. Anyway, maybe it is your seat... but I haven't had or have read anything about a squeaky seat. Keep trying to narrow it down, once you're sure, either try and solve it yourself, or ask the dealer to take a look. Odd sounds can drive anyone (at least someone like me) completely crazy and the obsession can get a little out of hand. AND, I always remind myself, that I've had something of a strange sound, in every car I've owned, that annoyed the heck out of me. :)
Thanks, Stephen!

I appreciate your input. I can see your point about the cabin being airtight, as it's very quiet. I guess that's why everything inside is easily heard. I'll be doing a bit of research to see exactly where it's coming from in the seat. It does drive me nuts!!!

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM