Squeaky LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
@Trynian, I'm still learning about which suspension components are which. I know what a sway-bar looks like in most vehicles, but what does the LR3's look like and where is it?
...anyone have a pic or diagram, in particular showing he bushings referenced?

Here is the rear in red is the sway bar and bushing front is similar, sorry site wont let ne do a larger file.
rear suspension.jpg

Try the greas, I guarantee it will be quieter.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean THIS site? Or the site where the pic is? You could always PM it to me...or, hang on I will PM you my e-mail address.

Trynian

Reaction score
you mean THIS site? Or the site where the pic is? You could always PM it to me...or, hang on I will PM you my e-mail address.

This site wouldn't let me upload a very large file. Got your pm and emailed you.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIXED! I found an aerosol-propelled grease (Lithium) that was perfect because it was less viscous at first, and thickened up after it got on the surface allowing me to get it inside each bush.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm putting new bushings on, should I grease them first?

You need to be sure to use the correct stuff.

Usually lithium is best but just know poly bushings don’t like petroleum products.

Also depends which bushings you mean. Sway bar vs control arms, etc.

jondvd

Reaction score
For new land rover oem sway bar bushings. Also, with the control arm bushing bolts, can I use Lucas red grease or should I stick with anti-seize compound?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Permatex anti seize on the control arms and just a lithium on the sway bars because I had it sitting there. (Needed it already for the poly bushings I replaced on another car)

Never used the Lucas red.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9