standard 5 seats or 7 seater?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ygy2015

Reaction score
Hi All, so just a few days I was checking out the LR4 website and they added the new build and price for the 2014 LR4. There is a part where you can select 5 seater or 7 for additional cost as a package.

Then just this weekend I went on the site again and the same tab (seat option) is gone.

plus prices on some of the options went up ($1300 to $1600).

any ideas?

THANX!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears the 7-seat comfort package is an extra cost option only on the base LR4, while 7 seats are now standard on HSE and HSE Lux in 2014. Not sure which options you are considering, but regardless I would take the information supplied on LR's web site with a grain of salt. There has been plenty of incorrect or incomplete information posted there before. Model and options pricing and specs appear consistent with what was circulated to dealers about the MY14 build a few months ago, though.

PS: The "Build & Price" section was updated with MY14 information just a few days ago (couple of weeks after the main web site was), are you sure you weren't pricing MY13 builds earlier?

Last edited:

ygy2015

Reaction score
alright i see what you mean. nop Im sure it's the 2014 model.

really dont like the fact that transfer box is taken out of standard.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do go for the base model, I think the 7 seater is absolutely worth it. They are actually fully useable by adults and not some cramped jump seat for kids like most 3rd row vehicles.

Plus, you get an added bonus for some easy hideaway storage space. I put my recovery strap, jumper cables, folded shovel, sand tracks, etc all hidden under the folded down seats. (3rd row footwell area) I am not so sure you get any of this hidden and covered storage in the 5 seater option.

ricker

Reaction score
If you do go for the base model, I think the 7 seater is absolutely worth it. They are actually fully useable by adults and not some cramped jump seat for kids like most 3rd row vehicles.

Plus, you get an added bonus for some easy hideaway storage space. I put my recovery strap, jumper cables, folded shovel, sand tracks, etc all hidden under the folded down seats. (3rd row footwell area) I am not so sure you get any of this hidden and covered storage in the 5 seater option.

I ordered my 2010 LR4 with only 5 seats and it has 2 floor panel covers in the back. The one closest to the tailgate houses the jack and its implements and the tow hitch receiver. It has plenty of left over space for jumper cables, tools, etc. This also leaves the two fender compartments empty and available for storage.

The panel behind the back seats is very large. This is probably where the 3rd row seats folded into but since they don't I have all of that volume for storage. There is also a lot of space under the back seats unless you fold them, then it is reduced by the seat thickness.

I am quite happy with my 5-seater. I have had vehicles with a 3rd row and usually ended up unbolting it and storing it in the garage as it always seems to get in the way of something. I rarely have more than 1 other person with me in the truck and have absolutely no need for the 3rd row. In my opinion the 5-seater has significantly more underfloor (and side) storage than the 7-seater.

David

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have liked the option for a 5 seat version when I picked up my '11. For me the 3rd row is just ~150 lbs of extra weight.

ygy2015

Reaction score
to be honest, I dont really need the 3rd row. Is it removable?

Delray

Reaction score
to be honest, I dont really need the 3rd row. Is it removable?

It is removeable, and you can sell them for a good price (I paid $1250 plus shipping for mine at Roverland parts). You would need to include seatbelts (which can be unbolted from below and by popping off the plastic rear panels at the back of the vehicle where they come out of). Also the carpet is different back there and has a good bit of padding that comes up with it as it is fitted to the metal body of the vehicle.

I have the components to turn 7 LR3 seater into a 5 seater, but not sure if the two are compatible? :
• Large Carpet/padding section with fewer openings for continuous rear area
• Carpeted trim pieces without seatbelt notches that accommodate tie-downs
• Rear upper panels replacing seatbelt-slotted panels.
• lowered brackets, tie downs, and other hardware (some may be duplicate)
• Carpeted/hinged cargo area door
• Carpeted cargo area panel
• Fitted Tool Cargo insert

LR3_5seat_kit_zps2a4cf8e7.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM