Steering "pull" from road ruts - need feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I need some feedback from others. My steering seems to be "catchy" lately. Meaning, ruts, bumps, etc seem to catch the steering and will **** the wheel. Only at low speed... That said, think I have wear in the bushings, or perhaps the steering tie rods?

Just seem to notice this lately. If any others out there experienced this as well, I would like to hear if this is normal or in need of service.

TIA.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Tramlining" can be caused by a number of factors. Some info here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=47

Tires, alignment, bushings, ball joints are all possible causes, in addition to road condition.

Thanks. Very familiar with Tire Rack. Completely understand what causes it. As I mentioned, I have noticed more lately. Need some feedback from those who had their bushings serviced/replaced. Anything particular to pay attention to?

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
between 33 and 43k I had ball joints and tre's done because of the sam thing. I think eventually they did all of them. Recently at 45k a bad alignment from when the dealer did the tre's caused it to show up again but not as bad.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I need new tires soon, but ever since they replaced lower front bushings and alignment. The car jerks right and left when running over any little thing including lads relflectors on pavement. It's going back on Monday for other issues but when they did the alignment the steering wheel is 4 inches off and all crooked.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I need new tires soon, but ever since they replaced lower front bushings and alignment. The car jerks right and left when running over any little thing including lads relflectors on pavement. It's going back on Monday for other issues but when they did the alignment the steering wheel is 4 inches off and all crooked.

Thats just poor workmanship and proves that no one tested the car after they were done :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72