Steering Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lkmize

I am a new range rover owner (99 4.6 HSE) and am experiencing a vibration in the steering when I hit bumps in the road at most any speed above 20 mph. Is this normal? This is my first rover, so I may just need to get used to it.

D

discomike

No, it is not normal, how many miles are on the truck and is it stock? Does it still have the factory shocks?
Mike J.

L

lkmize

82,000 miles are on the truck and I can only assume the shocks are original. The truck is stock and the EAS suspension is still active for the time being. I will consider a coil spring conversion when it starts giving me trouble. I had thought about the shocks, but was leaning more toward a steering damper or tie rod.
Leland

D

discomike

So it is time to start looking at shocks, your are dead at that mileage. You might want to consider OME or Bilsteins as the 2 best, and don't forget to do the steering stablizer.
Good luck,
Mike J.

C

campbell

For what it's worth, I had a similar issue with my 99 Discovery II. Going over bumps caused excessive steering wheel vibrations. I replaced teh steering stabilizer and this fixed the problem.

L

lkmize

The stabilizer bar looks like a bolt-on part. Is it? Or is there some trick to it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM