steering wheel shakes when cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carguy 67

Reaction score
This is obviously a ongoing problem with LR4's. I am thinking its a tire (continental)problem? we have a MB ML350 with the exact tires and it rides beautifully, so not to sure if I buy the continental story. And these SUV's are not really going off road, so i do not buy this whole "its a Land rover,its a real off road vehicle" BS. I only have 12k mies in 1.5yrs so it will be awhile before i need to replace my flat head tires! Like I said in my earlier post, LR knows,acknowledges, and pretty much says too bad. The said flat spots, but the car does not sit still so maybe a defect in the tires. Its been re balanced 2x new front brakes rotors (allegedly) and a new front tire. Its not so bad that I cant stand it, its much much bettter than when i first got it, but to be honest I have a 1967 cammaro that rides better, and it has red line bias belted tires. My next hurdle is squealing brakes, only at low speed, while coming to a stop....screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
possible fix for vibration!!!!

As stated previously, the dealer recently replaced my control arms, because they noted the bushings were sticking out a bit----i hope i have the terminology correct. I guess these bushings are filled with fluid---which might account for the reason why the vibration is better once the car drives for a while.

I don't mean to get anyones hopes up, but since the repair, and the little driving i have done since, vibration is nearly gone. Like i said though, i have not driven much since though.

But, i wanted to get this post out to see what others thought and see if it helps anyone or see if it even makes sense!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72