Still have trouble with 2006 Supercharged code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobC

Reaction score
Let me explain what I have tried and maybe I can get some suggestions or help from there.

I have a dash light comes back after I clear the code after trying one more fix. The code is a 106 and my Blue Driver reader tells me it is a common code, I do hate lights on my dash, it looks like I don't care about my cars. I have replaced the thermostat, the temperature sensor, I have had to replace the coolant tank as the level sensor said I was low on coolant when it was not. I had a crossover coolant hose come loose from its holder over the fan blade it dropped into the fan and rubbed a hole in the line and I replaced it. I notice the fan seems to have a bit of resistance even when cold but even after ordering new one I have yet to change it, as I'm not sure it is the issue. The fan does seem to be running at a fairly high rate of speed, the sound is louder is the best way I can describe how you can tell when the fan is running fast. I have watched the temperature on my Blue driver and it will come up to around 183 degrees when the fan is running normal and when the fan is very loud it will drop to around 130 degrees. I have watched the videos on how to change the fan but don't seem to be able to have the confidence to tackle that replacement, something about being around that expensive radiator with tools. I am still thinking the issue is now in the fan but maybe a sensor or something else. Is there anyone in lower Michigan other then a dealer that may be able to help?

I'm sure I have confused everyone who will read this but I am at my wits end trying to make this repair, I even listed it for sale but felt bad about trying to sell a car that is broken.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First Welcome to the forum. Are you saying you have a P0106 Code? If so this is for a MAP Sensor, it has nothing to do with the Fan or coolant system.

Janne Hamalainen

Reaction score
I had similar issues with the fan running high and temp low after restarting my 2007 RR in cold weather. They replaced the fan and water pump twice (second time under warranty) and no help. Eventually realized that my battery had a bad cell and the voltage was a bit low, even though the car always started fine and no other issues. After replacing the battery never had the problem again.

BobC

Reaction score
Joey,

The code I was supposed to write was a P0128 (coolant temperature below thermostat regulating temperature). I had to walk all the way from the car to the house before I wrote it down, I'm not the sharpest stick in the pile anymore, memory is slipping. I have also had the P0116 code pop up in the past ( Engine coolant temperature sensor 1 circuit range/performance ) not as often on this one. I have replaced the thermostat once.

BobC

Reaction score
Thanks for your input Janne, I will have the battery checked at a shop to see whats up with it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad coolant temp sensor. about a $30 part.

BobC

Reaction score
I have changed a temperature sensor already, I still have a coolant sensor ( this is a threaded in installation part ) W0133-1652246 to replace but don't know where is goes.

BobC

Reaction score
Thank you very much, its new info I have not seen before, very interesting. I'll take some time and look to see if I have that part on my car, it is a 4.2SC.

BobC

Reaction score
Well it's getting worse now, the codes now are stacking up, I have codes P0300, P0128, P0305, Po308. P0307, P0303 and P0783. I am thinking I'm fighting a loosing battle here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM