Stock Wheels: Keep or Sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:)What snow tires are you running? My Bridgestones are almost as aggressive as my Cooper Zeon's

Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2, The tread is fairly aggressive and they are amazing in snow/ice, but for mud they have limits. So do A/T tires though. I am used to my larger A/T tires on my compos. So stock sized snow tires are just different. I made it fine driving around in the morning before the other guys showed up. I drove at 2mph and didn't tear up the track. After the others arrived, they drove at 15mph or whatever and tore up the track, rutted it out.. made it a nightmare mud slick. They had 4wd trucks but no diff locks, so they naturally had a speed style of off roading which damaged the little track we were using.

So, if it was just me, treading lightly, and slowly, they would be fine. Iowa mucky mud can be a nightmare whatever the tires.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same snows I have, they do have their limitations. Then again I have only wheeled on my 20" wheels.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one with enough wheels to match a semi...

I can't blame any of mine on an S.O. or their vehicle though... just wanted a refined off-roader and a fast, sporty sedan and had no one to tell me not to.

To even make it worth my while, I'd want to get over $2k for them... seems like that might not be possible.

I keep getting pressure from friends to sell them, but I like having options.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112