Strange sound behind dash when vehicle is off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whenever I open the driver side door, I hear a sound, it sounds like gears turning for about 3 seconds, then stops. Sounds like it is behind the radio, it does not bother me, but would like to know what it is.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whenever I open the driver side door, I hear a sound, it sounds like gears turning for about 3 seconds, then stops. Sounds like it is behind the radio, it does not bother me, but would like to know what it is.
The LR3 makes a number of noises when turned off. Usually just after you turn off the engine, when you unlock the door, or when it levels itself sitting dormant.

It does seem to do some sort of a systems check to get ready for you when you unlock the car. You could be hearing the DVD player starting up under the seat which is used for the NAV, fans starting up for microprocessors, or release of air from the suspension to level the vehicle.

I hear them so often I forget what noise shows up at what time. I'll regularly hear fans/motors still running for a bit after I shut down, and I almost always hear a chassis creak when I unlock the car and it is adjusting the suspension.

The truck is just getting ready for you. It loves you. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635