Sub Woofer not functional??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mpn1

I have a LR3 SE - Has anyone else noticed that the sub-woofer in the rear compartment does not seem to woof? Has anyone had the dealer check this out? thanks

D

disco1

Sounds like a loose connection at either the speaker or the amp.

B

backpain

Mine works, it just sucks. I've got the Zambezi SE and I replaced the component speakers with Focal's which has helped a little but I'm having a hard time finding a sub replacement. The factory setup is so bright and really lacks much definition in the bottom and mid. The magnet is so small, it gets so muddy with volume.

Anyone know what might fit?

Q

quietcoolone

The subwoofer volume control on my HSE does not appear to make any difference in sound coming from the back. I have turned the volume all the way up from the drivers seat position and were unable to hear any differences. I only hear that thing when the door is lowered and even then i have to come within close range. I had built a subwoofer for my disco II, and are looking into adding some bottom end to the LR3.

L

luvmylr3

Sub Woofer weak

I have an SE, sub woofer seems to be in the bottom part of the tailgate. Had my wife play with the subwoofer volume while and stood over the tailgate and there was a change in loudness, though not much. I too would be interested in a retrofit that improved the low end performance.

C

CantonCowboy

got an hse and can't hear any difference from the driver's seat.

K

kal2310

I took apart the tailgate to take a look at the subwoofer. It is like no other sub I have seen, its pretty much indescribable. lol. I am in the process of adding a new sub into the vehicle due to the lack of performace from the factory one. I am considering placing a box under and behind the 2nd row seats. there is a little space back there with the convenience package that can fit about 4 6" subs. I will keep you all updated on progress.

M

man007b

I am interested in replacing the factory subwoofer. Can anyone please post some pics of their install? Or is anyone happy with a particular subwoofer that they installed? If so what size and brand?

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my rear sub with a Morel "Elate" 9"sub which fit in the space for the OEM sub in the tailgate and it sounds much better than the OEM model. I also have it powered with an auxiliary Alpine amplifier so it kicks. Pictures won't help you because my install is in the same location as the OEM, and covered by a protective plate under the carpet-so there's nothing to see unless I'd tear off the carpet. Sorry, bud-there are limits!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

roverall

kal2310 said:
I took apart the tailgate to take a look at the subwoofer. It is like no other sub I have seen, its pretty much indescribable. lol. I am in the process of adding a new sub into the vehicle due to the lack of performace from the factory one. I am considering placing a box under and behind the 2nd row seats. there is a little space back there with the convenience package that can fit about 4 6" subs. I will keep you all updated on progress.

How did you take apart the tailgate?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA