Subwoofer & amp install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robrich

Reaction score
I've got the basics down on what I want to do, but have two unanswered questions?

1. Any idea where to run the power wire through the fire wall?

2. Which wires are the front speaker leads from the factory amp? (they are all green & green/white) I know green is + and green/white is -

The plan is to amp the front speakers with a JL 3/4 and a 500/1 for two Alpine 8's in boxes behind the rear seats. (I don't have 3rd row seating)

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might run into the optical buss

The link below is to a number of threads related to the radio etc. Depending upon what radio you have, you may run into optical buss "wiring" and that is probably not what you are expecting to have to deal with. There are also threads related to amp installs.

Re power for the amp, rather than thru the firewall, you may wish to take power from the trailer hitch wiring, (the electric brake conductor). It is already to the rear and tie it into the front fuse box. If you really want to go thru the firewall, use for search words +bulkhead +clutch and you should find some threads related to the existing hole thru the firewall that is for the hydraulic clutch piping for the manual transmission models.
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/in-car-electronics-d3-vf36.html?sid=18dbe68bc89a89490760b1c7f76acf0e

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9