Suggestions please! Car will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mclthree

Reaction score
I have a previous post on here but got no answer, so I'm trying again. I have a 2000 disco and they keys will not turn in the ignition anymore (The horn and dash lights work and the steering wheel isn't locked). I have no idea what the problem is and I can't find an answer. It's at my local LR dealership now and even the mechanics there can't give me a definite answer. They want 700$ to change the fuse box but they don't know if that is gonna fix it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any suggestions about what I can do? Even if it is just a temporary fix or something I have to rig for the time being. I have been told the computer needs to be reprogrammed or the fuse box needs to be replaced. I have also been told to replace the ignition barrel and just get a new key, would that work?? The anti theft light is blinking on the dash so it's active. Any reliable suggestions would be much appreciated. I need my car ASAP and I don't have money to just experiment until I find the problem. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If the light is flashing the alarm is still set, this could be an ECU issue or and Alarm issue. It could be a fuse block issue as the D2 is known for fuse block (box) issues if it starts rusting all kinds of issues come up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM