surging at low speed....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some advice please.
I have a 2005 LR3 72000 miles. When I am driving about 30 to 35 MPH from time to time the car wants to surge just a little the tachometer will go from approximately 1500 RPMs to 2000 RPMs. It is very slight.
I did have the throttle body cleaned, or at least they said they did, thinking that might help bit it did not.
Is there anything else you all could suggest.

Efecta

Reaction score
Fluctuating RPM's

Hello. I'm experiencing the same thing with my 2005 LR3 HSE. The RPM's will fluctuate approximate 500 RPM's when maintaining constant throttle at a constant speed (e.g., 30 MPH). This is especially a problem when the car is cold and seems to get better when it warms up. Drives me nuts. Just cleaned the MAF and the throttle body with only a slight improvement. Were you ever able to correct the problem?

Efecta

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue. Let me know if you discover a fix.

twoboarders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I had the exact same issues on my LR. Dealer cleaned the throttle body and replaced the MAF and it went away. I was told the throttle body should be cleaned every other oil change due to system design. Hopefully someone will post a resolution yet my fix was what you two have completed.......

Efecta

Reaction score
Well, perhaps I should replace the MAF as i only cleaned it. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM