Suspension failure warning- won’t raise out of access height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kwstuc

Reaction score
Hello, my son got a 2014 LR4 last month and has had no problems with it. Last week it sat in the sloped driveway while we were gone. When we got home, we noticed the front was lowered on both sides. He started it and got a red suspension failure warning. Everything looks normal on the 4x4 screen. We backed it onto flat ground and now all 4 sides are in access height and low to the tires. It will not raise from access height. It seems too low to drive. We are new to land rovers. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of suspension issues and getting a cheap knockoff compressor solved them all. I've owned my LR4 since March. Lot of threads to search here on suspension issues. A guy might check those out to see if the answer has already been discussed. These kinds of problems and fixes seems to be part of the process for new LR owners. Perfectly normal.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I would first try to jack up the front with a floor jack to "normal" looking height, roughly 2". You can jack it up from the front crossmember for both tires to go up at the same time. Then start the truck. If you're lucky, it'll automatically raise. This just means that the height sensors were out of range. Try that first since it's free and take 5 mins to do.

And don't forget to choke the rear wheels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72