Suspension Fault Warning Light-freaking out!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
So the warning light for the suspension fault came on I have no idea what it means or what should I do...please help

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Not enough details. We're going to need more symptoms, patterns, etc. Start by doing a soft reset.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just take it in. With that kind of description I don't know what you expect for a response. These cars are very complex and the idiot light is rather meaningless. Infact all it means is that there is a problem.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Jus started comin on sometimes comes on wen I start the car and then sometimes takes a while and some trips it Doesn come on at all has been Doin it for a few days now. But Doesn drive different no noises nothing but that light and he info center says suspension fault normal height selected

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
I really want to help you out so I'm going to suggest that you search for keywords such as fault, HDC, Transmission Fault, Suspension Fault. If you read through past threads you will find discussions where people had the same symptoms and likely posted their resolution.

Good luck!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALL-STAR: The bottom line is that if it's an amber fault and the car is acting okay it will only be annoying for now. You need to take it in though at some point. It could be a height sensor, a compressor, some other latent electrical issue....if you're under warranty then it's just a trip to the dealer.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
No warranty I'm afraid to take it in and they tell me it's some outrageous price I read the manual it says if it's amber I can drive and if it's lit up red then drive "slow" and get it to the shop....so I'm Thinking I jus need to "rip the band-aid off" and take it in to the dealer and prepare to "grab ankle" :/

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at your brake lights and make sure they are coming on properly. Also remove the suspension compressor cover and take a listen to see if there are any unusual sounds or if you can feel air leaking. Those are a couple of good places to start with.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Lights working fine and I hav no idea where the suspension compressor cover is to remove to listen or feel for leaking air lol I'm not a car person in any shape or form I'm 25 and I've never changed my own oil or even a flat tire...I've never been stranded to change a flat in my defense ha but if I was I'd b dialing AAA I kno I must sound like a **** to most of u savy car guys but I'm jus being honest

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4