Tail light (aftermarket)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bentley2012

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Im hoping someone has some info and more importantly pics of these taillights below. I cant seem to find any good pictures of them in operation physically on an LR3/4. Any have anything?

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 12.33.46 PM.png

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous owner replaced one of my rear tail lights with an aftermarket stock version. The computer does not like it. It lights up just fine (it's a different shade of red), but throws two U codes.

I plan to replace with an OEM light one of these days.

I say all that to say that your truck probably will not like those lights.

Bentley2012

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the originals, just curious. I have not heard of killing a trans due to one, but i suppose crazy has happened.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's just my opinion so don't let me stop you but those aftermarket lights look like ass.

Bentley2012

Reaction score
Obviously I dont find them to look like ass....however, pictures of them on an lr3/4 would certainly help me decide. I found one once on pinterest but could never get a larger, higher quality pic of he original

Im not crazy about our stock tails either, tho i think they look great at night when illuminated. The whole clear "altezza" style lights have never really been my thing. Maybe lightly smoking the lenses would clean it up in my eye. Fwiw, i would probably smoke the ones pictured as well.

The search continues.

-SP

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ass may have been strong lol. I actually prefer the understated look of the LR3 lights. Those will work.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ass may have been strong lol. I actually prefer the understated look of the LR3 lights. Those will work.

I like my 2013 taillights but I'm with you re the LR3 lights. I think the trim all around the LR3 looks more purposeful and less bling-y than the LR4. But to just swap in LR3 taillights on an LR4 would look weird to me...like an animal that had not fully evolved and was still walking around with a vestigial tail stub. It would probably also create an irresistible urge to start using dino oil instead of synthetic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA