Tailgate Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to protect the inside of the tailgate properly? I have the load space mat..it works nicely and keeps the Alpaca carpet clean underneath. BUT the inside of the tailgate is covered in the same carpet and gets really dirty as you stand on the tailgate and/or slide stuff in and out. Maybe we can take the carpet out and repalce with the same black 'vinyl' type stuff or simply cover it with some new mountable 'mat'

Anyone interested? I can do some research and see what some local fabricators can help with.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use a piece of scrap carpet. When I open the tailgate I pull it out to cover which keeps it protected when you sit/stand on it. I'm sure you can make something fancier w/ velcro attachments, but this works for me.

I also have a larger piece that I use above the loadspace mat. (it actually overlaps the mat) as I usually have all my seats folded down.

iwhound

Reaction score
I have the soft cargo liner that comes up both sides of the rear cargo area and folds out to cover the tailgate. It also goes all the way forward to cover the entire cargo are even when the seats are folded down. I got it from my dealer and paid an arm and a leg for it. I wasn't impressed with the snaps etc that came with it but it does the job very well. Even came with a pair of glove for loading dirty things!!

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GLOVES!?!?! Pretentious British. (OH Wait...I was born there)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4