The 2009 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the 2009 LR3... Im not so sure I like the new minor body adjustments. I really was digging the black trim portions and how they created a nice flow and style... any thoughts on the new look changes??
lr_discovery_3_my09_02_hr_3b2e.jpg

lr_discovery_3_my09_03_hr_cd94.jpg

lr_discovery_3_my09_04_hr_93a2.jpg

lr_discovery_3_my09_07_hr_59b5.jpg

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take the paint over black plastic anytime. Less armorall

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
armor all? are your plastic parts fading/ drying out already or do you just like to keep it shiny?

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live at the beach and the salt air is brutal on the plastic fenders

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the painted bits are part of a specific option package, not standard equipment on the 2009?

iwhound

Reaction score
I'm about at the end of my lease and was looking at the 09 LR3 and was told that the new body colored fender flares etc. are standard on ALL 09s. I really don't like the look. A little too much for me. I guess I'm looking elsewhere now. Any suggestions??

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...I guess if a color-keying like that would make you want to look elsewhere, then you should. Seems to me that on a vehicle like the LR3, one needs to be "all in" otherwise there are better choices.

My LR3 is Black...so the plastic bits and bumpers etc have always been the same color as the paint.

racehorse

Reaction score
I live at the beach and the salt air is brutal on the plastic fenders

Might use Lexol vinyl instead of armor all. It's what I used to use on my 911 rubber per recommendations from porsche. Also has some uv protection.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the fact that I can drive through brush without marring the bumper and wheel wells (see pic), in combination with the side-steps and A-Frame protector. The painted bits look nice, but the practical/functional aspect takes a nose dive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635