The annual 19 inch tire question! Whattya got? Whattya like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ablood008

Reaction score
Update: This size still has not been manufactured, but it does have a product code of 01410 (255 55 19 Cooper Zeon LTZ).

I will prolly buy a set of these if they make them by Spring, otherwise I'll revisit this and many other threads.:hmpf:

Had a set installed last week. Check out tirecrawler.com

san6279

Reaction score
Have had the Michelin Latitudes for about 2 yrs now and they seem to be wearing fine. Not a big fan of the stiff sidewalls. I see tirerack has another Pirelli listed now...the Scorpion Verde. May try the Nokian WRG2 SUV's for my next set.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be tempted by the Nokians as well, especially since I don't put as many miles on the LR3 as I used to (probably <6k per year) so I could just choose performance (Nokian) over longevity (Michelin). I'll say this though, if the Lattitudes are as good as the Synchrones in terms of wear, it will be a LONG time before you get to try out the WRG2s. I've got at least 60k miles on my Synchrones....

Turbo512

Reaction score
Cooper Zeon LTZ vs. Pirelli Scorpion ATR

I did a little bit of researching and from what I can tell the actual tires listed above are virtually the same.

Load - XL 111
Speed - H
Tread wear - 520
Traction - A
Temp - B

All equal.

I think the Cooper weighs 47lbs and the Pirelli weighs 39lbs.

The Coopers are a little bit cheaper and seem to be more readily available. 218.00 vs. 265.00.

What I found to be interesting though is that the Pirellis are made in Romania and the Coopers are made in Ohio......

Any opinions? Both have gotten good reviews from Land Rover owners.

I am trying to decide and would like an ATR tire.

Thanks

Last edited:

san6279

Reaction score
I'd be tempted by the Nokians as well, especially since I don't put as many miles on the LR3 as I used to (probably <6k per year) so I could just choose performance (Nokian) over longevity (Michelin). I'll say this though, if the Lattitudes are as good as the Synchrones in terms of wear, it will be a LONG time before you get to try out the WRG2s. I've got at least 60k miles on my Synchrones....

Right now I'm at 23K on the Latitudes and have between 6 to 7/32 left.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....maybe they are softer than the Synchrones.

Turbo512

Reaction score
Nitto NT 420S

What do you guys think about this tire?

Its an XL.....V Speed Rating 420 A A.

Seems like a good tire and I know Nitto is a good brand. $212.00 a tire on discount tires website.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/se...111|2005&r=OKOINT|pc|73120&ar=55&rd=19&cs=255

The Pirelli Scorpion Verde seems to be a good long lasting tire as well. Says its a "Fuel Effiicient Tire". H speed rating 600 AA XL

Anyone run these??? :hello:

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the Zeons, so far they're great.

$999, shipped and installed.

Attachments

• Cooper.jpg
    Cooper.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Cooper2.jpg
    Cooper2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 39

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone get road noise at highway speeds with their Pirelli ATRs?

I posted a thread a month or so ago asking about differential noise at highway speeds (take the foot off the gas, feel a vibration. Apply gas, it goes away).

The dealer mechanic said it was my differential but my new LR mechanic thinks it is the tires. He is admittedly anti-Pirelli because he has found them to have loud road noise in the past. And me, I don't know. I don't think I noticed the noise until 6 months after I bought the Pirellis, but maybe I just didn't notice or was playing the stereo too loud.

Just curious. Drive 'em at 65+, take your foot off the gas, let me know if you feel anything. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72