The great winch debate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

gjstangel

I am ready to add some recovery gear to my Disco. I am trying to figure out the differences between the winch manufacturers. I have talked to several "off-road " (aka jeep) stores and they all say I am an idiot for entertaining anything other than a warn. I talked to the guys at Expedition Exchange, who i think are great and seem very trustworthy. They seem to think the Superwinch is a superior product. My buddy tells me the Mile Marker is the best bang for the buck (everyone else seems to think it is crap).

Then to make matters worse, the "off-road" stores tell me i need a 12,000lb winch (6,000lb gross weight x 2) and others are saying 1.5 x gross weight (9000 lb).

So what I am hoping the collective can come up with is some experience with Warn and Superwinch winches and some advice.

Thanks everyone in advance. I really appreciate all the help I get from this forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72