The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone told me a couple weeks ago that mosquito was closed still from snow...Looks pretty clear from those pics!
By "Kenosha" do you mean twin cone? Or where on Kenosha did you go?

J.D.

Skeeter was completely clear. There were some snow fields still but nothing close to the trail itself.

There's a camp ground directly off 285 at the top of Kenosha. Beyond the camp ground are a group of trails, some all Aspen groves, one goes to the top. The proper name may be twin cone.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent last weekend doing a lot of hiking in the UP, Porcupine Mountains State Park. Couldn't really find any trails other than fire roads to take the Rover on, but thought I would share what was an awesome trip anyway. As an aside, the first night there got into the 20s which is colder than our sleeping bags can handle. We ended up sleeping in the back of the car, with the dog, and all fit pretty well (I'm 6' tall). Yet another value of a massive cargo area!

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Last edited:

ralph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first snow

Some photos in the mtns above the Broadmoor Hotel today. Snow came last night and this morning and was gone in the Springs this afternoon.

Attachments

• First snow.jpg
    First snow.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_3554.jpg
    100_3554.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 254

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sidewinder trail, eastern San Diego. One of my favorites, and our club's adopted trail.

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the beefy new tires. What are those?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kelly Safari TSR 275/65-18. My favorite tire for the LR3 so far.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same tires! They're great on-road and even better off-road. No complaints. The tread wear is much better then expected. I've put on about 7k miles and no major defects.

Paul K

Reaction score
Just picked this up last week. '08 SE with the cold climate package. Drove it home on the freeway & got 20mpg.

2008LR3005.jpg

Very impressed thus far...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72