The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rewillia

Reaction score
As I post this, the LR3 is on its way via transport from Houston, Tx to Anchorage, Ak. Looking forward to experiencing it's where-with-all capabilities from it with outings here in AK,
image.jpg

Last edited:

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fun at Broken Arrow, Sedona, Az.

Just posting some pics from Broken Arrow, also went to Soldiers Pass (much shorter trail, not as fun).

2014-03-16 15.05.40.jpg

2014-03-16 15.06.17.jpg

2014-03-16 15.07.12.jpg

They have "pink Jeep tours" at Broken Arrow, one of the Jeeps that passed by I overheard him saying to the people he was driving around with "Well you don't see a Land Rover out here that much, but they do have adjustable suspension so they are good for trails like this"

Paul K

Reaction score
Back when she had the stock grille...

LR3014.jpg

LandRoverLR3snow012_zps511bd25e.jpg

HSE 19's...

Photos020_zpsa7359b22.jpg

Powerfull UK grille installed...

LR3Customgrill007_zps1781cf86.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trip to Whitehorse

Ok I finally have something I deem worthy to add to this thread; although it's not so much shameless vanity shots of the LR3 in action (not that I'm a stranger to those) but more or less a pictoral (and narrative) description of what I DID with my Land Rover last week:

We loaded onto a ferry from northern WA headed to Skagway, Alaska.

Then, we drove to cabins just north of Whitehorse, Yukon....to see the Aurora Borealis. We stayed three nights, doing some Ice Fishing and Dog Sledding during the day, and viewing the lights at night.

Phase 3 of the trip was the drive home. Nearly 1600 miles from Whitehorse to Dease Lake to Prince George and finally home to (just north of) Seattle. The temps each night hit about -15F. I had a block heater installed before I left which was invaluable. The roads were decent, but there was about a 100 mile stretch of the Cassiar (Hwy 37) that was a sheet of ice! The LR3, sitting on stock-sized Nokian Hakka R2s NEVER slipped. Out of Prince George we dealt with really sloppy snow/ice/slush mix. I could feel some tire spin at times but I was under control the entire time. 500-600 miles per day in extreme temperatures; and the only issue I had was with my windshield washer. I got a CEL but I think it was just angry at me for operating in the cold! Cleared all faults with my IIDTool and it went away and that was that.

Needless to say I am very happy with how the Rover performed. With 112,000 miles on it now, it handled everything that was thrown at it. From now on if anyone speaks ill of the dependability of the LR3, I will have a few things to say!

loading up.jpg

Aurora 1.jpg

Ice Road Rover.jpg

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am counting on more pictures from you..Make it happened, please...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have lots of pics, but not that many of the LR3; it's more or less scenery, aurora and activities....and I'm waiting to get many of them passed along to me by our two photo-heads in the group.

bmcghan09

Reaction score
ureda9uq.jpg

I'm thinking of picking up some Johnson rods for it so when I hit the dunes I don't rub (no rubbing at all right now. I kept the old wheels and brand new tires for when we do some more major off roading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM