Thinking of Upgrading from LR3 to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grecoroman

Reaction score
I get it between 25-35mph and also around 55-60. Dealer hasn't been able to find anything. Parts of me blames it on the spacers but it may not make sense.

Nah, that sounds like the bushings are shot on the control arms. It's the most common LR3 issue and the LR4 shares the same parts.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after reading all of your comments it looks as if those with a shimmy are 2010 models. If you notice the shimmy more apparent when you take your hands off the steering wheel then it might be a current TSB which requires a new steering gear and steering wheel. Also you might notice a squeal when accelerating around 2,200 rpms. I had this TSB done on my lr4 and since then it has been smooth sailing.

grecoroman

Reaction score
after reading all of your comments it looks as if those with a shimmy are 2010 models. If you notice the shimmy more apparent when you take your hands off the steering wheel then it might be a current TSB which requires a new steering gear and steering wheel. Also you might notice a squeal when accelerating around 2,200 rpms. I had this TSB done on my lr4 and since then it has been smooth sailing.

You are absolutely right: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22431

I'm going to add this TSB to my LR4 Buyer's Guide Checklist!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do you happen to have this TSB number.
My truck has been developing a slight noise at the steering wheel in the last few weeks.
I mentioned it to one of the techs who seemed concerned but told me they would check it next time I go in for service.

This truck is awesome but the problems that come attached to it are never ending it seems.

Thank you

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This truck is awesome but the problems that come attached to it are never ending it seems.

Very true! I love it when it works but life is miserable when it is in the shop!

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do you happen to have this TSB number.
My truck has been developing a slight noise at the steering wheel in the last few weeks.
I mentioned it to one of the techs who seemed concerned but told me they would check it next time I go in for service.

Thank you
is that noise (squeal/whine) from your steering wheel more noticeable with a hard acceleration?

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
58k on the odometer

1. Front passenger wheel bearings replaced. Approximately 50k miles.

2. Interior LED light in drivers door went out, replaced. Approximately 30k miles.

3. When my wife was driving down the highway, the entire Brake light housing above the rear glass came unglued and was hanging down on the rear glass by the wire. Apparently its attached to the car only by adhesive, so the dealer just re-glued it. Approximately 42k miles.

Those are the only problems we've ever had.
All repairs done by Land Rover Southwest Houston.
We really love our LR4.

grecoroman

Reaction score
58k on the odometer

1. Front passenger wheel bearings replaced. Approximately 50k miles.

2. Interior LED light in drivers door went out, replaced. Approximately 30k miles.

3. When my wife was driving down the highway, the entire Brake light housing above the rear glass came unglued and was hanging down on the rear glass by the wire. Apparently its attached to the car only by adhesive, so the dealer just re-glued it. Approximately 42k miles.

Those are the only problems we've ever had.
All repairs done by Land Rover Southwest Houston.
We really love our LR4.

Not bad at all. I'm also located in Houston!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635