Thoughts on An Exterior Color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lumber_Jack

Reaction score
Why don't you like the black interior?

Maybe just a personal preference, but the almond doesn't show surface dust and dirt near as bad. It doesn't retain near the heat on the interior either.

One downfall though is you get the patent blue jeans mark on the seat edge. It's a weird phenomenon. The LR leather cleaner will remove it if you desire to scrub it off.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe just a personal preference, but the almond doesn't show surface dust and dirt near as bad. It doesn't retain near the heat on the interior either.

One downfall though is you get the patent blue jeans mark on the seat edge. It's a weird phenomenon. The LR leather cleaner will remove it if you desire to scrub it off.
Lumber Jack is right, there was a thread about this a while back. I actually had a problem with my leather belt rubbing on my Almond/tan interior seats (on my 2011) and it made a mark. I eventually got it out, but some folks have staining from new blue jeans.

I don't wear jeans ever, so I don't have that problem. If I remember right from previous posts, it is more of a problem with women's jeans - especially new. My wife only wears dresses, so haven't experienced it at all.

Plus, I have the Arabica (dark brown) seats and they seem to withstand stains/marks (at least I don't notice anything). I do clean and condition my seats about once per month.

-David

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can get the Landrover / British racing green colour i think that is a great colour.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must admit that the darker colors look great! While I was in the showroom this evening they rolled in an RRS with a deep, dark green. It looked awesome until you picture it with scratches and fingerprints.

Sooo. Call me boring. But when I get around to doing this it looks like I'll go with the White and the Black package and Almond/Arabica interior with the brown wood finishers. Since they don't have bright Yellow. ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM