Thoughts on Maintenance LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesUSMC

Reaction score
This is my 3rd RR/LR product, and I'll have to say that I absolutely LOVE my 15 LR4, but I'm not in love with any of the pricing for maintenance.

However, I found some very good work arounds...

1st - there are 2 batteries under the hood. The 1st one is pretty straight fwd and can be replaced by almost anyone, but you'll need to make sure they have a machine that can reset the battery on RR/LR's, otherwise it'll read the battery as if it's the old one and overcharge it (cook it) and the battery won't last as long as it should. The second battery is like a lawnmower batter, and I'm told it's for the environmental and auto-start/stop functions. I recently had that go bad and Land Rover wanted $700.00 for a new one.

I bought one from Autozone that was a match for around $100, but had to make a few mods to the connections since LR makes the system almost impossible to buy a different battery. All in all, I fixed mine for about $125.00

2nd - Brakes. I needed new brakes/calipers at 25K miles. LR wanted $2400.00 for the change. I bought the "better" rotors and breaks online and took them to Christian Bros Automotive and they changed them out for me at $125 per front/rear. All in - I was just over $500.00 for a complete new brakes/rotors.

3rd - Oil change at LR, they want $350.00+ I bought the filter online ($30.00) and the oil myself. Took it to a local mechanic w/lift and they changed it for me for $30.00. All in, I was at $90.00 for the change.

Just some thoughts....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4