Throttle lag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rhcaspian

My car has developed a terrible throttle lag. When starting from a standstill and you press the gas paddle to set off the car lurches forward. It is far from smooth. Worse and dangerous, when coming to a junction where you slow but not stop and then you accelerate in to traffic, here in this part of the world you have to hit the gas peddle hard to enter the traffic but my car feels like it's starting of in 3rd gear. The car seems to have no power low down the rev range.

Anyone come across the same?

The accelaration problem is not there in manual mode

T

toddjb123

Sounds odd that your car has "developed" this lag. If you noticed a change, take it in to your dealer. To me, it sounds like how my LR3 has always performed. I don't like it but just have to live with it.

I notice similar behavior in Sport or Normal tranny mode. Some say if you always ride your pedal hard, the problem may go away as the smart transmission gets used to your driving style. I haven't noticed too much of a difference.

Good luck. If you take it in, let us know what you find out...

F

Freeflytim

From a standstill, my throttle sometimes gets 'jumpy' also. Ive not quite figured out the when and why.
I feel the same 'starting in 3rd' as you and it always happens on the same stretch of stop n go traffic I hit twice a week... Once I 'get on it' a couple of times my adaptive tranny switches to a different program and its all good.

R

Rhcaspian

I took the car for a 100 km run last night and it seemed to cure the problem, could be the adaptive tranny. But it seems like a bit of an art to get the car to go without the nose lifting and the car lurging forward. The thought of taking it to the dealer made me smile as I live in the Former Soviet Union and my nearest dealer is in Istanbul, Turkey which is 2500 kms away. It's a 4 day drive across 3 countries. We made the drive when the ECU went belly up. Drank $700 worth of gas in each direction. Turkish gas price are $2.00 / litre almost $7.50 / gallon

T

texas911

I get the lurching at start up when the rpms are elevated for quick warm up.

T

toddjb123

Rhcaspian said:
... The thought of taking it to the dealer made me smile as I live in the Former Soviet Union and my nearest dealer is in Istanbul, Turkey which is 2500 kms away. It's a 4 day drive across 3 countries. We made the drive when the ECU went belly up. Drank $700 worth of gas in each direction. Turkish gas price are $2.00 / litre almost $7.50 / gallon

Holy crap! You must REALLY like Land Rovers!!!! Why the heck would you buy any car (let alone the first model year land rover) in that situation?

Well, I'm sure you love it all the same! :)

(Damn, and I gripe that it costs me $55 currently to fill it up in Maryland)

F

Freeflytim

I cleaned the inside up last night and this morning my truck was driving VERY weird... then I discovered the TRS was in "Grass"!! Oops.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9