Tiires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madball

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Discovery and am in need of new tires. My current tires look like your basic car tire but I would like some that look more like an off road tire (although I don't do much off road driving) What are some good brands and sizes?:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Well to start with, if you don't do much off roading it will be a waste of money other than looking cool as a Mall Crawler....

But then again, I don't get off road much and I am running MT tires...

When it comes to tires and you not going off road much, I would say find a set you like the looks of that fit and buy them.

If you want them for real off road use, then ask your local tire shop for recommendations (prefer not to buy from any chain shop as they just want to sell you tires), for your area. I live in Gas and Oil well country, so my local shop recommended tires that perform well in my area and that the Gas companies buy for their vehicles.

rctaylor

Reaction score
I have used Michelin 4X4 tires and Pirelli Scorpion and been happy with both. I do a moderate amount of offroading in the High Sierras. My mechanic told me that that Michelin's were a good tire for off and on roading.

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put 5 Dualer AT 255/70R16 on my 98 and it looks good but they are not super aggressive. I bought the from Sam's club for like $104.95 each.

discoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love to use the BF Goodrich A/T on my family vehicles that see little off-roading. Great on the road and quite adequate in dry off-road conditions. Not so hot in mud, they pack up too easily and don't clean out the treads well.

llesra

Reaction score
285/75/16 pro comp x-terrains! :biggrin:

245/75/16 bridgestone dueler a/t revos or bfg a/ts might suit you better.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Prior to my mud tires, ok they are still on rims in the shed.

I have had 2 sets of 245/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's and I wouldn't use any other tire for daily use, and they don't do bad off road either.

Although I love my Mud tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM