Tinting the two front windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to tint the two front windows to match the back windows. Has anybody done this? I got a quote for $100 to do the job on each vehicle. Doe sthis sound right? It seems like a lot, especially when all the windows are $200

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems high. I had my Volvo wagon done (all windows except windshield) for ~$300 by an installer recommended by my BMW dealer. That's seven windows including three large ones. And I'm in the greater Boston area, so not a cheap area.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on your location and the type of film, expect to pay anywhere from $50-100 for the front two. $100 is definitely toward the top end, but it's not unheard of it. From what I've found $80 is the magic number.

Also, I highly recommend Llumar film. My family has had it on all of their cars for years, and I wouldn't use anything else. Your best "match" to the rear windows will be a 15 or 20% film.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you comply with CT laws, as they can get really strict about things! A long time ago I had a truck in which I tined the windows just a bit past legal allowment and the police pulled me over.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $180 out the door for top shelf 3M crystalline for the front two. 40% and they match perfectly with the rears.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tint guy placed the tint meter on the back windows of the LR3 and they were 20% from the factory. I would take it to a good tint shop and have them use the meter.

Different tint manufactures have different lines of tint with slightly different coloring and qualities...I'd shop around for that perfect match if that's what you're going for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM