Tire Pressure Monitor - Option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sethlow

Hi - I have a 2005 LR3 and was told that the 2006 models come with a factory tire pressure monitor. I was also told that at some point the 2005 could be retrofitted with this "option". Can anyone tell me if that is actually the case and if so, is the part available yet? Thanks.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a recent production change; it wasn't added to 2006 immediately. (Both LR3 and RRS.) See: http://lrchroniclepub.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=land22&action=display&thread=1133392918

It was supposedly added in post-December builds for North America... but I haven't seen the proof: a real vehicle in the flesh.

Since it isn't a "kit" option (it's factory only), that's something you will need to discuss with your service department. Like anything... I guess you could buy the spare parts when available (a TPMS "receiver", the sensors for all 5 wheels, new dash button panel, etc.)... but making it "work" is another issue. (It probably won't be "cheap" with labor; retrofitting rarely is.)

I

Insider

TPMS will become available on cars specified USA with same and produced in December for March ETA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo