gallery pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some data points from the community regarding gallery pressure changes over time. Specifically, I'd like the following data from folks that have an IID Tool and are inclined to document behavior:

1. From cold start, starting gallery pressure, ending gallery pressure and elapsed time when compressor shuts off. This assumes the vehicle doesn't need a lot of height adjustment upon start.
2. when raising from normal to off-road height, ideally when the car's been running for a bit so the system is at steady state: gallery pressure peak when the reservoir valve is opened; gallery pressure and elapsed time when the compressor kicks on; gallery pressure and elapsed time when front corner valves close; gallery pressure and elapsed time when compressor turns off.
3. Please note model year and if you have Hitachi or AMK compressors, and if you know it, age of the compressor.

I believe my compressor may be having issues, but wasn't able to find much in terms of information for what "normal" pressures are (over time).

Thanks!

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can offer the charts in this thread:

They're not exactly what you're after but I believe in the thread I speak about gallery pressure (it's 230 psi if I recall?). If I get some time I'll see if I can chart more, I'm a little rusty as my suspension has been behaving once it had the right firmware. Also, in that thread I purchase and install a new compressor! It may be worth a read for you? My compressor is an AMK, 2012 Model year, compressor is about a year old now.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this for gallery pressure: ~240-260psi

I purchased the AMK compressor in the UK from Island4x4 (this was a quick search so please verify), also I read you have a Hitachi, personally I'd swap to the AMK but you have to flash the firmware:

This is £349.99 which is about $440 (at current exchange rate), shipping was pretty cheap and easy. I also purchased the gap tool from these guys as it was cheaper.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
My 2011 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux has a relatively new Hitachi compressor, all oem valve blocks, and less than 6 mo old oem air shocks all around. The old compressor was working, but took too long to get to the correct pressures. From memory, on normal height at start up it's relatively low ~50 psi or less, compressor kicks in, galley pressure reaches ~250 psi, and then purges off into ~50 or less psi.

Last edited:

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just found this for gallery pressure: ~240-260psi

I purchased the AMK compressor in the UK from Island4x4 (this was a quick search so please verify), also I read you have a Hitachi, personally I'd swap to the AMK but you have to flash the firmware:

This is £349.99 which is about $440 (at current exchange rate), shipping was pretty cheap and easy. I also purchased the gap tool from these guys as it was cheaper.
I ordered a new Hitachi for $480 delivered, should be here Monday. I was logging gallery pressures yesterday and tried searching for that term but came up largely empty handed. I figured leaving some data that comes up in searches might help someone in the future. Strangely I did not get many codes, only:

C1130-66 (AF) Air spring air supply - Algorithm based failure - signal has too many transitions/events

When I was mucking around yesterday I did get the temperature warning due to the compressor running too much.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I failed to capture the startup sequence, you have to turn the ignition on, start the live capture, and then crank the engine... I did get the height change, but the system properly pressurized. So the height change took 5-10 seconds, then about two minutes to reach 1720 kPa (250psi) again.
IMG_0243.png

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
At first start:Screenshot_20240126_081753_IIDControl.jpg

Airing up to off road height:Screenshot_20240126_081923_IIDControl.jpg
Resting after off mode height is reached:
Screenshot_20240126_081950_IIDControl.jpg

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you view the graph in the IID tool (rather than numeric data) you'll have a chance to see the data trends (including elapsed time). But if it's less than a minute, it sounds like my compressor might indeed be tired.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72