Took the LR3 out hunting... (Pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I took the LR out elk hunting this last week down in the Blue Mountains in Washington state. The Rover was fabulous until the Air Suspension failed. :argh:

Thought you would all enjoy this picture...

photo-14.jpg

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amber Suspension Fault. The vehicle first said normal mode only. Then the front would not go up to normal. Then yesterday when I got home the car went to the ground and the fault went to red.

In the mountains I did get several different faults. Once I got the one that said - suspension leveling slowly... will resume once system cooled.. etc.

Thread about it here - http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=19413

Geotrash

Reaction score
Thanks. Just saw the other thread. Best guess is a compressor. Yes, it's possible to jump the terminals of the relay or just swap in a relay from another spot to rule it out, but 9x out of 10 it's the compressor so it seems from others.

Dave

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just saw the other thread. Best guess is a compressor. Yes, it's possible to jump the terminals of the relay or just swap in a relay from another spot to rule it out, but 9x out of 10 it's the compressor so it seems from others.

Dave

I figured... where is everyone getting replacement compressors?

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the expedition compressor the exact same?

From what I understand it is very very close but not 100% exact. The mounting bracket needs to be slightly modified but for $150 it may be very worth it. I am looking into it and may go this route... heck... I may fab up a new bracket design and start selling this as a kit.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your suspension. Hope your hunting was more successful!

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM