TPMS question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to deal with this issue when I was mounting a set of summer tires on a set of RRS wheels. Definitely had to find 315mhz TPMS to match my 2012 LR4.

It also complicated my search for summer wheels. There were lots of 2014 LR4 takeoff deals out there, so you'd get new wheels, new tires, but TPMS that weren't worth anything (to me and my '12 anyway).

You can find good deals on eBay if you want OEM. Here's a listing from the same vendor that I bought mine from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-...ORING-SYSTEM-SENSOR-TPMS-315MHz-/161810245045

For what it's worth, the OEM sensors are made by VDO, which is a pretty recognizable brand. If you bought non-LR branded sensors that were made by VDO, you'd probably end up in the same spot.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the OEM sensors are made by VDO, which is a pretty recognizable brand. If you bought non-LR branded sensors that were made by VDO, you'd probably end up in the same spot.

Yes, that's what "OEM" would be as opposed to "genuine". Even places like Discount Tire or Tire Rack can simply order them along with a new tire set.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody actually tried the "sensors in a pressurized pvc tube trick" that I've heard about? I'd like to try it, mainly because I don't want to go to the trouble and expense of unmounting my snow tires and installing for this, my tires' last season.

p.s. there's a place called oewheels dot com. They are only $45 each there, I think everybody throws this oem crap around too much. Wonder if I should trust them, being 50% cheaper than anywhere else I've found?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99