Trailer Hitch Receiver from Atlantic British?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the difference/improvements with the LR040248 over the earlier models and how do I tell the difference. Is there a difference in what will work best with my MY14 LR4?

Earlier model hangs a lot lower - looks more like a plow than a hitch receiver. New model fits quite close. Search knb500023 and LRO19990 to see plenty of images of the old design.

LR040248 is very nicely designed, gives good clearance, fits tight, and installs/removes easily.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought Expat93's slightly used LR hitch/receiver. Current model. $200. Thanks! Now if only my truck would get here!

And also have my shopping list for LR Rocklin'. Thanks, BznLR4! (Just realized that Bzn must stand for Bozeman. Was through there last September on my way home from Seattle.)

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought Expat93's slightly used LR hitch/receiver. Current model. $200. Thanks! Now if only my truck would get here!

Man, wish I would have known that! That's a steal of a deal and I need one of those.

At least for the moment I have finished my roof rails and they are installed. Next project is wiring harness and hitch. Just looking for a deal on eBay.

I will say Dan that I have had a Nara Bronze 2011 LR4 for the past day and I like the color. It is very different. Plus it has the V8 and that thing sounds great. Nothing like your supercharger whine that you will hear shortly.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, great deal. I would have jumped all over that had I known. I need one to use a hitch mounted bike carrier.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found one locally. They will sell for $250 and comes with one key. Can I purchase a spare key? And if not should I pass on this deal. I would hate to lose the only key and the hitch become a permanent fixture.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found one locally. They will sell for $250 and comes with one key. Can I purchase a spare key? And if not should I pass on this deal. I would hate to lose the only key and the hitch become a permanent fixture.

First off, where do you live? :idea:

Yes, I have seen on eBay where you can order spare keys or at least people say you can when I have been searching on there for a good deal.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, where do you live? :idea:

Yes, I have seen on eBay where you can order spare keys or at least people say you can when I have been searching on there for a good deal.
I live south of Texas in a city called mcallen.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger since she worked 5 min from my office and I rarely see them for sale used in my area. $250 seemed to be a fair deal.

I did a little but of research and it looks as if you can purchase the locking mechanism along with two keys for $30. I just wouldn't know how to replace the lock and I have yet to find a diagram on doing so. If any one knows if this is easy to replace please chime in.

Last edited:

shrinkboy

Reaction score
One year follow up

The Atlantic British hitch reciever is now a lovely shade of orange, and I live in a state that doesn't use salt on the roads.

I'd advise approaching that purchase warily. Wish I'd just gotten the OEM one for both the structural integrity and build quality as well as the finish.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one coming out, it's also rust e-treated. PM me / w e-mail. It will be the last hitch you ever need.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You simply drive out the roll-pin holding the green knob on and replace with the new assembly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM