Trailer hitch & Wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oddboy

Reaction score
I have a 2016 LR4 SCV6 with no hitch or wiring harness. After some digging, I've managed to find a used OEM LR4 hitch assembly on Ebay. I would've preferred the AB hitch (LR019990ABP), but it's OOS and more than likely won't be in stock in enough time for my trip in the first week of August.

Now the hard part: I can't find the OEM wiring harness (VPLAT0137) anywhere. I've sourced it at three different retailers and they are sold out or unavailable. I don't understand why this is so hard to find given the importance it has coupled with the hitch.

I accidentally ordered the AB (VPLAT0013) meant for 2010-2013 and DID read that it'll work on the 2016's, but AB and other retailers are telling me that it wont fit. Can anyone confirm or dispute this?

I'm pretty desperate for the part and my only option next is to start cold calling dealerships and hoping they have one laying around.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw AB had an open box wiring kit (labeled as being for 2010-2013). It was only $89 vs $149 for the new one. I'd order it and give it a try. If it doesn't fit for some odd reason, you can return it or sell it. It's a fairly common DIY mod so I don't think you'll get stuck with it especially if you pass along the savings.

I agree that it's odd that you can't source this item easily.

keyshore94

Reaction score
I was going to wire up a generic harness, anyone have experience with that?

More then cost...this is what I was able to get my hands on quickly so I can tow a trailer for my move to CT next weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 LR4 SCV6 with no hitch or wiring harness. After some digging, I've managed to find a used OEM LR4 hitch assembly on Ebay. I would've preferred the AB hitch (LR019990ABP), but it's OOS and more than likely won't be in stock in enough time for my trip in the first week of August.

Now the hard part: I can't find the OEM wiring harness (VPLAT0137) anywhere....
Also check out roverland parts. I bought a used one from them for my 2013, realized my mistake (I wanted a new part), and they were able to order it for me pretty quickly.

Sounds like you may be in a bit of a time crunch, but give them a try. Email/call them. The website did not list the new part option, but they had no issue getting it.
https://www.roverlandparts.com/

keyshore94

Reaction score
Just an update, I wired up a $15 generic 4-pin harness from the store and it's working great. I followed AB video on routing the wire and the colors from the LR plug matched the colors on the harness I bought.

Best of luck!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA