Trailer wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome I just sold my 2007 X1 and picked up a Yamaha 242 Limited S as I couldn't bring my self to leave the all navy blue X1 in a wet slip.

Plus the yamaha has a really nice layout for my 2 and 5 year old.

I will certainly miss the wake of the X1 but not the size.

Heres a pic attached to my previous 06 LR3

edu5ugar.jpg

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 242 Limited S is a beatiful boat :biggrin:

I was thinking on getting a Yamaha AR190 (our first boat), since there will be some nice lakes close to where we're moving.

Are the Yamaha jet boats a good choice for a first-timer? Do you recommend towing the boat to and from the lake (with an LR4 or RRS)?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 242 Limited S is a beatiful boat :biggrin:

I was thinking on getting a Yamaha AR190 (our first boat), since there will be some nice lakes close to where we're moving.

Are the Yamaha jet boats a good choice for a first-timer? Do you recommend towing the boat to and from the lake (with an LR4 or RRS)?

Absolutely you can tow that easily with either vehicle. Check out the Yamaha jet boaters forum, could be the best forum as far as help and knowledge. Great first boat!

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOOOOO such a sin to go from the wake of an X1 to a yamaha jet boat!!!!

=P

I guess if your not wakeboarding solely i could see the appeal but ahhhh!

imagehrk.jpg

40114421.jpg

13015730.jpg

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Impressive! :eek:

We are all novice wake boarders, so I guess the AR190 wake will do :wink:

I am also looking for a comfortable family boat (kids are 1 & 4)

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm sure you'll be extremely happy. It's gonna be fun moving my friends 2013 mastercraft xstar which I think is way over the tow capacity of the lr4... But it will only be short distances and if his f150 platinum could do it I'm sure the lr4 can too

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 5,400 lb boat plus a 1,500 lb trailer would be right at the limit :ahhhhh:

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 5,400 lb boat plus a 1,500 lb trailer would be right at the limit :ahhhhh:

Dang the new X star is 5400lbs? Is it a 23' or 24' now?

I will miss the wake, but thats probably the only thing I will miss. The 24' Yamaha is a winner in every respect. NO props will save me at least $500 a year...lol:biggrin:

I loved the mastercraft but it is better suited to smaller lakes and if I had a home or cottage on a lake with a lift I would have kept the X1. We get a lot of wind and at times rough water.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24ft beast and a gas guzzler. 7.4l ilmore v8 doesn't struggler even with an extra 5k in weight

Just playing devils advocate but how come you didn't consider a x25 or x45 for your needs?

Also ... Do you break a lot of props?? Lol I've gone through one in my 20yrs of boating

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24ft beast and a gas guzzler. 7.4l ilmore v8 doesn't struggler even with an extra 5k in weight

Just playing devils advocate but how come you didn't consider a x25 or x45 for your needs?

Also ... Do you break a lot of props?? Lol I've gone through one in my 20yrs of boating

I actually did consider the x25,45 and really wanted the 55 but came down to price! I didn't want to spend more than $65k on a boat that I only put 60 hours on a year. Cant even touch a used X25 for $60K!

I upgraded the stereo in the yamaha, have a custom mooring cover, awesome grill, 2013 brand new zero hour boat for less than $60k.

I dont know how much the X55 goes for but guessing well over $100K

I have destroyed two nice OJ props:eek:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo