Trailer Wiring Kit from Atlantic British

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @f1racer328 that all sounds good. I like the idea that I can tow without all that other stuff, but that other stuff does sound pretty neat. I'll probably get the computer updated at some point to reflect that it now has tow wiring and a brake controller installed. By the way, what do you think a guy should have to pay for a service like that? I mean, it can't be much more than plugging in the fob and pressing a few buttons. Unless they need to calibrate some feature to make sure it works as intended, I can't see them being able to justify much for that service. Thanks again!

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the LR4 to the local trailer place and they did a system check. They plugged into the 7-pin and everything seems to be working as intended, including the brake controller. Seemed like the perfect time to check out a used travel trailer. Went and saw what looked on Craigslist to be a nice 19' lightweight trailer. When I got there, it was like someone's crusty used gym sock.

The other thing I felt about it was that, even at 19', it's more than what I want to haul around. It's not that I don't think the LR4 could handle it. It's more like why do I want to go out camping in the wilderness just to haul around a clunky, chunky, travel trailer? It's like dragging a studio apartment on wheels out into the woods. I'd rather just pitch a tent and do my business behind a tree.

I used to train retrievers for hunting dog competitions and they had some nice dog trailers that would be cool. I'm not talking about a trailer that is setup to haul a bunch of dogs, but the idea of it being low-slung and reasonably narrow, a little longer and about as wide as a full-sized pickup bed. The pop-up tent trailers kind of remind me of them, but the dog trailers were a bit deeper. Get something like that and I'd be good to go. Load it up with some tools, water, camping gear, etc.

Last edited:

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's the little things that bring the most satisfaction. The rear bumper area where I mounted my wiring plugs had a significant and noticeable coating of superficial rust. I taped off the surrounding area and trailer wiring connectors with blue painter's tape and extended the covered area with taped on paper bags to protect the vehicle. Sprayed the enclosed compartment with Rust-Oleum Rust Reformer. Super happy with the results.

Attachments

• Rust Reformer.jpg
    Rust Reformer.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM